PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Turbo Kits for the SR

William
04-10-2002, 07:21 PM
What's the difference between the Formula (expensive one) and Genuine (cheaper one) kits for the SR20DET?  autoimaging said that the formula kit used a bigger turbo that was useless for street driving... I just spent some time on google and found that most sites say both kits use the K3T.  I found one site that said the formula kit has a stainless steel tubular manifold, whereas the genuine kit uses a cast manifold... that would make sense, but that was just one site.  So can anyone confirm or deny anything I've heard?

crazycuban
04-10-2002, 09:07 PM
Be careful with kits - you never know if it's going to fit or not out of the box.  Remember that these kits are designed without the steering parts taken into consideration, as they are for RHD cars...it could be totally different with the steering column on the turbo side.  I'm not saying it won't work, but I'd find out if someone's using that setup.

William
04-10-2002, 10:10 PM
yeah, I've considered that, Shawn from Autoimaging should know, I think he has that kit.  I should ask him.  It all depends on what manifold I get.  I'm not going cheap at all, I want a tubular manifold.  So what turbo I get depends a lot on what manifold I can get ahold of.  If I get a greddy one, I'll have to get a mitsubishi turbo.  If I get an hks manifold, I'll end up with a GT2835R or something.  But I would really like a T3/T04E with .50 trim compressor and .82 A/R exhaust housing.