PDA

View Full Version : Fender roll?

vinhisbored
06-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in Southern California had a fender roller, and if anyone would mind doing it for me? If so, for how much? I don't really want to try to do it myself, so yeah. I don't exactly want to go to a shop because they're charge so much. Please let me know! Help a fellow Zilvian! :)

Indolent
06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
just do it yourself if you get a hold of one, you're only going to paint your car soon..right? lol

vinhisbored
06-29-2005, 10:45 PM
lol I don't have one Mark! haha jon was saying to paint car the yellow whatever color.

Dousan_PG
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
fender roler is for PULLING
not rolling

to roll
you just need a hammer (rubber is good or metal is fine--get a heaveier one)
propane torch
and a few hours of your time (if its your first time)

heat and fold that lip up
its retardo easy.

if you want to pull, you can hammer it out (i did that) or use the fender puller but you'll get more of a 'lip' w/ the fender roller/puller

i hammered mine because i dont like the lip, just like the rear to come out some

vinhisbored
06-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Oh.. well it's because I don't trust my own abilities to make it even. Haha tht's why.. but would anyone like to.. rent me one? $300 is sorta alot of money.

Dousan_PG
06-29-2005, 11:03 PM
fuck what did i just say

YOU DONT NEED IT

a 7 year old can roll a fender
its so easy
stop being a pussy and roll it

you want to rent one? ill rent you mine..250. moron price.

vinhisbored
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Wow I'm sorry sir. I'm just slow. Please calm down. So, I just use the torch to soften up the fender, and I shape the roll with the hammer it self, or should I use something to shape it? If you wouldn't mind, could you show me a picture of your car with how you did your car?

MyblackS13
06-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Phase2 Motortrend in Walnut, California has a fender roller they rent for $25...plus shipping if you need it

Dousan_PG
06-29-2005, 11:48 PM
here's all you do
spend 30 bucks
get a nice propane torch and a hammer
take an extra shoe from your frontdoor area

now
take off wheel
take propane torch and heat up metal (not too hot to melt paint not too cold to crack it when you hammer it)
you'll laern quick how much youneed its easy
take hammer tap lightly and slowly increas to find out how hard to hit
put shoe on outside of fender and hold it against fender (aplly some prsssure to keep fender frmo bulging out)
tape inside lip up and against fender to roll it

wow thast it
sooooo easy.
sooo easy
fender rollers only push fender out some. and if your toe is off on your rear wheels you will push one side (front or rear of fender) out more then other

hammer is THE best way to just ROLL a fender (no external visible change to body)

problem w/ you is you are SCARED
dont be. just do it
its like working on a car. the first time you do your brakes its like..what if i die. then you do it. shit that was easy. let me do something harder now

everything is easy just be paitient and go slow. you'll get it and then you can charge friends. yeah.

vinhisbored
06-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh.. okay. Thanks. Do you think a rubber mallet or a metal hammer would be easier to do this? Also ,could you post pictures of your car?

vinhisbored
06-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Phase2 Motortrend in Walnut, California has a fender roller they rent for $25...plus shipping if you need it

Oh, thanks for posting this. I didn't see it. If I don't end up doing what hammer thing, I'll keep this in mind. Thanks alot!

Dousan_PG
06-30-2005, 12:03 AM
rubber mallet is good take more time and go slow wont crack paint
metal is godo because goes faster if your painting your car doesnt matter if u crack it

pics of my car? hmm
i only have old ones before i pulledthem w/ the hammer
but here's one

fronts are always hammer
rear was pulled
my old s13 fastback
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Pink_GodziRa/s14/aaronandlindsaytougess2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Pink_GodziRa/s14/aaronandlindsaytougess.jpg

photobucket sucks try it later.

the othre s13 we hammered too. later rolled to pull it out about 15mm-20mm

pics big so linked.

s14
front and rear hammered

rear hammered job..pulled out to fit 18x9.5 +12
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/dousan_pg/DSC00581.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/dousan_pg/s14_new/s14rear.jpg

vinhisbored
06-30-2005, 12:12 AM
The first links for the S13 don't work. The S14 does though. It looks flush. How long did it take you, if you don't mind me asking.

Dousan_PG
06-30-2005, 12:18 AM
ill fix the s13 ones now
total? maybe 1 hour
but ive done it so much before on so many cars of friends. its really easy once you start.

s2kwndl
06-30-2005, 02:05 AM
ill fix the s13 ones now
total? maybe 1 hour
but ive done it so much before on so many cars of friends. its really easy once you start.
\
wanna do my car? ill pay you... pm me!

wendell

grudge
06-30-2005, 09:19 AM
rubber mallet is good take more time and go slow wont crack paint
metal is godo because goes faster if your painting your car doesnt matter if u crack it

pics of my car? hmm
i only have old ones before i pulledthem w/ the hammer
but here's one

fronts are always hammer
rear was pulled
my old s13 fastback
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Pink_GodziRa/s14/aaronandlindsaytougess2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Pink_GodziRa/s14/aaronandlindsaytougess.jpg

photobucket sucks try it later.

the othre s13 we hammered too. later rolled to pull it out about 15mm-20mm

pics big so linked.

s14
front and rear hammered

rear hammered job..pulled out to fit 18x9.5 +12
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/dousan_pg/DSC00581.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/dousan_pg/s14_new/s14rear.jpg

the black s14
nice wheel setup. what are the wheel and tire specs on the front? size tires on rear? :rawk:

Dousan_PG
06-30-2005, 10:47 AM
no i wont roll your fenders

tire size
17x9 +18 235/40/17
17x10 +20 235/40/17
18x9.5 +12 235/40/17

vinhisbored
06-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Could I get the propane torch in like a local Autozone/Kragen/etc, or would I need to go a hardware store? Next, if it doesn't look right, I could always fix it right?

Dousan_PG
06-30-2005, 11:01 AM
either
you cant fuck it up unlesss your a total moron. its mega easy
quick acting like a little bitch and just do it
its not rocket science.
you have to start somewhere, stop depending on other people to hold your hand, im sure your a big boy. seroiusly this post is getting ridiculous.

its like swimming in the ocean. sure the water might be cold, just jump in and swim and you'll find its not bad at all.

vinhisbored
06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow, you say that, but what about the other people who 'wonder' and want to know about shit first? I don't have any friends that have done it. I'm just fucking asking. I think you needa just calm the fuck down. Thanks for helping but shit, I think it's fuckn stupid how your little attitude gets so crazy for no fuckn reason. I just ask before I do it just so I have it done 'the right way'. Thanks for the help though.

lilredstiffy
06-30-2005, 11:06 AM
quit being a socal wussbag, rolling fenders is cake..there are tons of threads just like this, no one is going to hold your hand and show you how to do everything in life..asking where to get a propane torch??

what wheels/sizing do you have where you need to roll the fenders anyway?

Dousan_PG
06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
werd
you ask too many questions
i told you EXACTLY how to do it

this is what i did
someone said, hey aaron roll your fenders w/ a hammer, just hit it
so i said ok
and did it
came out fine.
why? being patient and working slowly first time, learnnig it

sorry i dont like to ask abillion questoins and have my hands held.
its lke putting another motor in, just do the work and figure out stuff as you go.
you must really suck in the work place, i hate empolyees who ask a billion questions when you request a simple task.

Indolent
06-30-2005, 11:55 AM
yeah stop being a little pussy bitch and start somewhere and stop depending on other people to hold your hand!! LOLOL

grudge
06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
no i wont roll your fenders

tire size
17x9 +18 235/40/17
17x10 +20 235/40/17
18x9.5 +12 235/40/17

18x9.5 +12 235/40/18 right? :rawk:

Dousan_PG
06-30-2005, 12:46 PM
yeah w/ hammered out fenders and -3 camber
it sucks
im selling those wheels soon
i dont like so much rear camber.

yeah mistyped dood.

infinitexsound
06-30-2005, 08:03 PM
DANG Dousan u really coming down on the guy..... oh well... i own one so..... theres like atleast 5 ppl in the bay area that owns a fender roller, but honestly i would say theres alot more then that... sucks to be in socal...hhhahahahhahaha >=/

mbmbmb23
06-30-2005, 10:05 PM
I rolled my S13 rears with a rubber mallet and nothing else. Took 10 minutes per side. Paint looks to have slightly stretched on the very bottom edge, but it hasnt started to peel or anything. Just start in the middle and work your way out going each direction, one direction at a time. It will go slow at first........but after it starts to fold it will become more apparent. Just dont fold too much in one spot........make sure each hit that slightly folds it...you keep folding to that depth all the way around before you fold it deeper.

Mine look PERFECT.......friends cant believe I didnt use a roller.

good luck.

-m

Inland180
06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
either
you cant fuck it up unlesss your a total moron. its mega easy
quick acting like a little bitch and just do it
its not rocket science.
you have to start somewhere, stop depending on other people to hold your hand, im sure your a big boy. seroiusly this post is getting ridiculous.

its like swimming in the ocean. sure the water might be cold, just jump in and swim and you'll find its not bad at all.

just listen to this guy and bust a NIKE! JUST DO IT!!!!