PDA

View Full Version : Sr20DET S14 motor install...now won't start.

s14turbo
06-27-2005, 01:26 AM
hey, everyone!!!! yes, i have search all the forums and came up with some interesting stuff but, nothing that has solved my problem. Okay, I sent my harness out to yury from wiring specialities and now that it's in the car it doesn't want to start. I have checked over the wire harness and used a mulitimeter to the coilpacks, injectors connectors, and CAS and they are all getting power @ 11.84. However, when I do the spark plug check there is no spark and no fuel coming out of the injectors. I did the fuel pump check and it's good because it shoots out fuel into a cup i have for the fuel lines. I double check and tripled checked the wire harness and the fuel lines but, still nothing. I really want my car to run. here is a run down of mods to give you guys a better idea of what i have and what could be the problem.

SR20DET S14
Greddy FMIC
Greddy oil catch can
S15 T28 turbo
Turbo elbow
URAS downpipe
URAS test pipe
URAS exhuast
Apexi SAFC II
HKS EVC boost controller
blitz filter
stock fuel pump
stock injectors

I am in inland empire so anyone from socal wants to come give me hand i will pay for gas and food and time.

One more thing i have changed out the ECU and coil packs and still same problem. haven't messed with timing because the CAS still has the factory tape over the bolt so i know it hasn't been tempered with. I started this motor up when I was in japan and seen it run and test drove the car before it was pulled. So, now i am not really sure what esle to do...please help me. Come on SR20 gods and godess give me a hand and help me out. so, let's get together and think :ughug: :ughug:

s14turbo
06-27-2005, 02:39 AM
somebody please help...

TheSnail
06-27-2005, 03:02 AM
CAS or ECCS relay ( the two green ones behind the dash). 100$ says your getting half the voltage (eccs relay) if you check the CAS specs by the fsm directions. If you dont think so, pull the CAS spin it fast by hand, and you will hear the injectors firing. 50% voltage= 200% needed spinning of the CAS. Due to a disconnected eccs relay in a parallel circuit.

Edit* I see that I skipped the 11.84volts part. Which means, if thats true its not the relay. I would look into the CAS.

s14turbo
06-27-2005, 03:18 AM
thanks for the tip...i am going to check it and see if that's the problem...however the two plugs are blue...does that matter?

***i just saw your edit so i guess i am not going to check the ecc relays...okay, what do i need to check on the CAS???

TheSnail
06-27-2005, 03:23 AM
S13 ones are bright green, so Im guessing s14 ones are blue. Did you check the resistance(ohm) for the cas? Injector and spark problems together are a CAS problem.

NI_YON_Zenki
06-27-2005, 04:54 AM
Alright. Imma do what I can with this project. .. . The blue wires are more than likely your A/C on input & AAC valve control ( of which takes care of the A/C when at idle in this Riverside heat) I would try to stay away from foreign colors of any wiring harness that you have not seen above the engine( I.e. ingnition wiring, coilpack, injectors, etc.) on a SR system. As for the wiring to the ECCS & CAS; (ECCS) is white), the (CAS) is Red/Black). If you find these coming thru the firewall, you might be able to tap them from above the bay, without having the get so uncomfortable under the dash. Now once you've checked for life in each of the wires from the bulk, make sure fuses are correct, some may have been burned since the transfer of the engine. No matter the "tape over the screw bit", the crank sensor should be taken care off. .. .Good Luck main.

s14turbo
06-27-2005, 12:40 PM
anyone else with any help?

g2ic02
06-27-2005, 12:47 PM
100% everything is grounded? I had a similar problem and then i found that i had forgotten 1 ground for the coil packs at the back of the valve cover. Just an idea.

s14turbo
06-27-2005, 12:57 PM
checked the grounds and all the connectors....I have tested connector from coilpacks, injectors, tps, cas and they are all recieving power but, no spark from the plugs or fuel from the injectors. I am totally stumped now. some must know how to fix it.

s14turbo
06-27-2005, 07:24 PM
can anyone help me???