PDA

View Full Version : Damn it! I need help again... it sounds like it wants to start

mixedwell
06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
ok. so remember when i was playing with my sr20det? i had it started, then it died unexpectely and wouldnt start up again. i checked the spark plugs then they looked fouled up. i replaced them with new Bosch Plats. i know these might suck so im getting NGKs as well. i also soldered my wires up so they might get a stronger connection. Set motor at TDC, and it sputters.... and dies. If i hold down the key to the 'start' position, the car will almost start up. but ist not catching at all. i've already checked the IGnitor chip and my 2 ecus. all seems to work fine. what could i be doing wrong? it worked last time but not now?

also.... the ecu fired up my friends blacktop no problem. but on mine... just makes it crank all day. the other ecu lets it sputter or if i hold the key down.. gives me a false hope of life in the motor.

any suggestion would be lovely. thanks

-mixedwell ;)

skiboard06
06-24-2005, 05:31 PM
have u tried just trying to start it for a while when i first started my motor it took a good number of cranks before a solid fire i dunno just a thought check for spark?

mixedwell
06-24-2005, 08:16 PM
.... checked for power in the coilpack harness with a test light. we get power. i tested for power in the injectors, same thing. i pulled the spark plugs from the block and postioned it under a coilpack on top of the block but i see no little blue spark. but the car will sputter so im thinking theres some spark in one of the plugs right? the car is just not catching.

i've done successful swaps before. why is MINE the headache?

kandyflip445
06-24-2005, 11:17 PM
The plug has to be grounded so have it up against some metal and try. If your buddy will let you borrow his coilpacks try those out and see if any of them are messed up. You should get a spark at the plug.

mixedwell
06-25-2005, 02:15 PM
i rounded those things at the manifold. bad idea? anything else?

kandyflip445
06-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Have you checked fuel pressure?