PDA

View Full Version : Auto tranny wiring qeustion

Bone
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Got a '92 auto car the ole lady drives. Just put a s14 tranny in it from a 95. The speedo wont go past 25mph (i'm guessing because of the speed sensor difference) Which I need ot figure out how to correct. And it will not go into overdrive. I had the same problem with the original tranny in the car not going into overdrive and it was slipping. I have heard of a way to wire a switch up to the overdrive silinoid to make it work but am unsure how to do it. Since over drive wont work on either tranny I am assuming it is wiring in the car and not the tranny. Tranny worked fine when removed. Anyone know how to correct the speedo problem and the overdrive prob? :)

projectRDM
06-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Pull the shifter, you'll see the overdrive wiring coming from the handle. Ground it, see what happens, could be a bad switch.

Bone
06-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Rgr will try that. Any idea on the straight wiring of it. So basically just take the switch and run one to ground? Any idea on the speedo problem.

skiboard06
06-24-2005, 05:19 PM
make sure the two wires from the speed sensor in the back of the tranny are properly connected and maybe check behind the guage cluster for faults

Bone
06-24-2005, 08:24 PM
are you implying that the speed sensor for a Auto car is the same between the S14 and S13?