PDA

View Full Version : New ECU in, S13 still won't run. POS. (movie)

driftstyre
06-21-2005, 07:37 AM
I just got my RSenthalpy ecu back programmed for 850cc injectors, Z32 MAF etc..

The car still runs like shit. It's obviously not the ECU if the ecu has been done correctly.

Here's what I've done in the 100 plus hours spent trying to make the car run.

Checked ignition timing about 100 times. It's correct.
I have spark
I have the MAF wired properly
I have 43 lbs base fuel pressure
The cam timing has been checked 3 times and is correct.

It seems like it's super rich, or that the timing is bad because it's not responding to throttle input at all. It will idle and die if you try to rev it. The plugs are black.

Any thoughts? I'm ready to sell this whole calamity-project.

www.dentsport.com/roughidle.avi

If you want to see/hear.

-Alex

(Accidently posted under Bill's name, sorry)

(formerly agrabau)

Al_S14
06-21-2005, 06:04 PM
did you try checkin your TPS? this is just speculation but if it thinks it is at WOT it'll spray too much fuel and should stall out

o yeah what engine are we talking about? in the movie it looks like an older DAtsun

noodl35
06-22-2005, 01:49 AM
vaccuum leak anywhere? This would cause it to run rich and misfire.

driftstyre
06-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've checked both of those things and still, nothing.

Here's a list of things I've checked and checked again.

To date I've checked:

Compression

Fuel pressure

CAS timing

Cam timing

Spark

Fuel

Coolant temp sensor voltage

Injector leaks

TPS signal

Traced all grounds on ECU

Checked ECU on another car

Fired injectors

swapped MAF

still not running.

Flybert
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't know about you but I would get my car running correctly with stock components before upgrading to larger injectors and chipped ECU's. It might be worth it to swap back to stock for the time being while you troubleshoot your problems.

the head
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
have you checked continuity in the wires between the sensors and ECU? Did you test to make sure the CAS was good?

Racer X
06-22-2005, 03:11 PM
double check and make sure that you wired the z32 maf correct (good conections shielded wire). try unplugging it and see if it runs any different? my gues is that it won't this will cause the exact symptoms you are describing. swaping the maf won't fix the problem if the plug is wrong. no maf signal the car will idle as soon as you hit the gas it will lean out and die. good luck!

p.s. you are using the correct impedence injectors right? (i assume so)

bdeisle
06-22-2005, 06:39 PM
it wont be a vacuum leak cause you can hear them and it will not effect you in that kind of mannor at idle. will not be a maf cause if the maf is not working properly as mention before, it will just die out or will start but not go about 3k with a neut. rev. possible timing, just base time with tps unplugged and make sure it is what scott intended it to be. same line FUEL issue, maybe timing but DEF fuel, wrong indep. injectors, maybe wrong size injectors, wrong program on ecu, fpr not opening or not working properly.
hope that gives you some direction

speeddreamz
06-22-2005, 07:03 PM
try this link and REverify your wiring. Sometimes its not just black to black, white to white, black/white to black/white.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/MAF%20Z32%20CONVERT%20TO%20OTHER%20NISSANS.PDF

skiboard06
06-22-2005, 11:44 PM
are you positive you have your fuel lines hooked up correctly with the in and return lines in the right spots

rokmplutonium
06-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Fuel Pump dude

the head
06-23-2005, 09:33 AM
What fuel pressure are you running?

dacatz
06-23-2005, 06:18 PM
i have the same problem with my s13 blacktop (stock)....i have check maf (stock), fuel pressure(43psi), cas (2 times), coolant temp, knock sensor, new spark plugs, swap 2 ecu, vaccum leak,....and now i am going to swap test igniter and coil.....otherwise the car just start, and after idle (rough) a while (blk smoke @ idle), it won't let me rev over 2000rpm....sounds like to me ignition problem.....i will keep u updated once i con't my quest to run probably!