PDA

View Full Version : Sr20store

ManoNegra
06-19-2005, 11:38 AM
SR20STORE = YES!
Friendly and honest service. Brother just bought blacktop motorset at an awsome deal.
Ask Marco for new items and you'd be surprised what he can sometimes get them for.

240SX714
06-19-2005, 05:14 PM
SR20STORE = YES!

They totally helped me out a while back when one of my injectors stuck open. They are extremely nice and professional. Another time, I needed an injector clip and they just gave me all 4 with the harness for free. Very knowledgable and experienced. I recommend them.

shingouki1
08-01-2005, 01:07 PM
my experience is the sr"shitty"store sucks :down: . i bought a motor from him thinking it was good, i turned the key and my coolant started shooting from my exhaust and the turbo was bad. i returned the motor and it is for sale once again at his shop for another sucker to buy it without knowing its bad. after buying the motor i met a couple of other people who have been screwed by him. im glad you were one of the lucky ones who got the good stuff. he is a cool guy as long as you are giving him your money. i would not recomend marco, he can suck a big fat one :jerkit: .

SR20STORE:wackit:

Dousan_PG
08-01-2005, 04:26 PM
ive dealt w/ him got a free s15 subframe and always help if im looking for parts
recommended. old timer (240sx wise) too, been into it a long time, nice guy.

mrmephistopheles
08-01-2005, 05:07 PM
+1 for SR20STORE approval.
Marco is good people.

shingouki1
08-17-2005, 10:04 PM
ive dealt w/ him got a free s15 subframe and always help if im looking for parts
recommended. old timer (240sx wise) too, been into it a long time, nice guy.

he has been in the game 7 years. if you want someone who has been in it for a long time then you never heard of Andreas Miko. now that man knows his sr20's, sr20ve's, sr16ve's, Det's including sr20vet's since he owns one.

luisgonz
08-18-2005, 02:26 AM
I sent a friend over his way because his sentra sr20det motor went out and he did the swap and charged a shit load and it had loose bolts all over the place,I bought a ecu from him and said it was good but turned out it had a blown relay in the shit,I asked him for a refund or exchange and told me no and said it was good but i dont think so.............If you want go to him and you well see what i went through........Iam not going to talk shit about him but say go somewhere else.

CHARLIE2020
08-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Marco is good to you if he likes you only, he has his mood swings. I bought my first W11 Avenir SR20DET from him like 3-4 years ago when he was alright now he is a lil different semi-shady-dude.

If you dont know your shit he will sometimes try and get over on you,........I wont say what he did without permission from the person he did it to.

One reason I used to like buying from Marco to do other peoples swaps was becasue I got to see what I was getting and have compression and leak down test done in front of me, but lately I dunno.

Indolent
08-18-2005, 03:09 PM
good guy when i bought some front end body panels off him a year or so ago, waited for me til i got there to pick them up afterhours =] lol

shingouki1
08-18-2005, 04:22 PM
marco will like you if you pay him for the parts without asking any questions. if you are buying a s13 front end from him thats cool. you are basically buying fenders and headlights. you can tell if the fenders are good or not cuz it will either have dents or not. i bought a whole motor from him that turned out to be bad. when i purchased it i was a naive buyer. i didnt know what a leakdown test was or how is was suppose to be performed. not until after i saw my motor gush out all my coolant through the exhaust was i told how a leakdown test was performed and found out he used shady tachtics to trick me into thinking the motor was good. he used over 100psi to get only 10% leakage on my motor (which i can prove cuz i took a picture). the needle was way past 100psi till it hit the pin that holds it from going all the way around, so it was basically like 110psi+. he also popped open my valve cover and started hammering on the rocker arms with a flat head screw driver to make them pop while the compressor was shooting air in the cylinder so the leakdown test would show a lower percentage of leakage in the cylinder. he told me there was a trick to everything and it was normal that sometimes there is dirt trapped in the motor so you gotta bang it out with a hammer and screw driver to get a lower leakage percentage. from what i was told and read a leakdown test should be done using 80-90psi. marco never used under 95psi for my leakdown test. i guess the moral to my story is never buy a motor from marco unless you go with someone who knows their shit. most of the sr20 people i know now i met after i bought my motor, charlie2020 being one of them. i am part of many other nissan and sr20 forums and i know many people know of the sr20store and i just want to get the word out on him. i saved up for a year and 4 grand later i get a bad motor. i had to sell everything and now im rolling stock. i dont want anyone getting screwed over cuz i hate injustices cuz i wouldnt do that to anyone. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/shingouki1/Picture029.jpg

CHARLIE2020
08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Very good point he will like you and give you a smile if you dont ask to many questions in reguards to him backing up his product if it fails at "STARTUP".

Not saying you gotta guarntee the engine will run anylenght of time, like a brand new car manufacture would, but atleast guarntee all the vitals to be in good spec's.

Ok first off I know no one likes to be held liable, especailly with dealings such as us forum members are encountered with when buying a used engine from Japan, in all actuallity it is a gamble becasue you really dont know the conditon of the engine you are buying, but it does help greatly to have compression test and leak down numbers, but those number dont mean dick to me unless I see the test being performed right in front of me.

I for one am not a big shop or anything like that, I just do my shit on the side for extra cash so I catch some stress when I do swaps because I know I can be sorta liable so its important for me to see these numbers first hand becasue labor is not cheap and somehitng you wanna have to repeat for free or a reduced rate becasue you got an engine that was junk, so I think a good place to buy and engine form is someone who will guarntee in writing that they will replace the engine (you know back up there product) if it turns out bad on start up (not saying to warranty my engine if I blow it, becasue we know why you bought this engine anyways was to drive hard and fast), its always a good thing to test your compression number while the engine is still in the clip or on the ground before installing it if possible so you can return it.

CHARLIE2020
08-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe he should factor in occassional misshaps (safety cushion) not like you dont allready make double profit on the engine from the sale alone then more sellings the panels seperately, you can go along way with a front clip...........but by the same token with all his knowledge and experience and proper tools as shown above, a bad engine should never leave his shop PERIOD unless he was just trying to chance maybe the buyer would just chop it up as a loss which is just wrong.

shingouki1
08-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Maybe he should factor in occassional misshaps (safety cushion) not like you dont allready make double profit on the engine from the sale alone then more sellings the panels seperately, you can go along way with a front clip...........but by the same token with all his knowledge and experience and proper tools as shown above, a bad engine should never leave his shop PERIOD unless he was just trying to chance maybe the buyer would just chop it up as a loss which is just wrong.

i really think that marco thought i was naive enough to not know what it meant when coolant shoots out the exhaust. he tried hard to talk to me into believing that water shooting out of my exhaust was normal. he went as far as saying that his cars shoot water too and thats what sr20 motors do when you run a 3" exhaust. i think he was hoping i would fiddle with the motor long enough to drive it in the condition it was till i blew it up so he would relieve himself of all liability. i tell anyone now that asks about the sr20store that if they want to spend 1000+ dollars on a motor and want to drive it long enough to enjoy it then just rule the sr20store out. when i went marco told me he would give me warranty only because he thought i was a good kid but not to tell anyone because then everyone who shops there would want warranty too. i tried to get him to give me his 30 day warranty on paper but he got all pissy with me and said he didnt have to give me warranty in the first place. anyone who goes there and tries to get a warranty on paper i wish you good luck cuz marco aint gonna give you one. you would think that he would want to sell me a good motor so i can tell all my friends where i got it and in return he gets more sales (i mean, thats what i would do if it was my business). but i guess he has gotten to the point where he thinks he is the shit and all he wants is your money. im glad i have posted my story over many other forums including this one because i am over being mad that he sold me a bad motor i just dont want people who have saved up their hard earned cash to buy a motor from him and also get screwed, its just not right. people have told me "how did you get screwed if you got your money back?". well factor this in...400 for new clutch to hold the power(my old one was still good)400 for the install of the bad motor marco sold me, and around 2000 dollars in other parts including 700 for my 3" turbo back exhaust (which i sold cuz im broke) and 500 for jwt ecu. after finding out the motor was bad and getting my 1250 back i spent 250 on jdm de, 130 on headers, an intake, using my old exhaust, 70 bucks on oils, 20 bucks on coolant, 400 for the swap of the jdm motor i have now, 3 months of total down time and a whole bunch of other crap i have bought to get this jdm de running ok. i spent 4000 dollars to have a decent sr20det running right the first time i did it, so you cant say i half assed it. to the point where i was so broke i sold my hks filter with adapter (150 bucks) for 80 dollars and it had zero miles on it. like i said before, i just dont want other honest people getting screwed. i know there are other people that have been screwed by marco but have never said anything but atleast now the word is out. well, i have said what i have had to say, if anyone has any questions feel free to message me. i will be back to trying to finally reach my goal of 220hp one day but it will be a sr20ve VVL motor and jwt cams (whenever they come out). now im off to save up for another year for the motor :wavey:

and thank you charlie, i really appreciated all your help bro. :bigok:

sidious141
04-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Things wrong with my redtop I got from sr20store: bad ignitor chip, oil pan busted in, spun main bearing

Customer service sucked: When I went to order my motorset he said he was busy and to call back later, second time I called back he said the same thing again and I told him I had to goto work so Id email the information. I should have gone somewhere else at this point.

I was then told after paying that I would have pictures of the leakdown test before the weekend, I never did. After the middle of the week I decided to call to see what the deal was and got no explanation and was sent pictures of a redtop that lacked distinguishing scratches on the valve cover that I had.

With the igniter chip they told me that it was working when they sent it to me because they "test all of their electronics on running cars" before they send them out. He did however after a few emails paypal me some money to help get one from a person off ebay.

They possibly would have happily sent me another block to take care of the spun bearing problem but I haven’t bothered with it. I did not install my motor right after I got it and also I would rather have a rebuilt engine that I know was treated right from the get go.

I am not trying to trash them, just stating the facts of how things went for me and the shape of my motor. Yes I got a shitty motor and I am not happy with their service. I dont know if there is a way sr20store could have checked for any tell tale signes of having a bad bearing but one way or the other my engine wasnt in the best of shape and it came from them. If this is their fault or I just happend to have bad luck with them is for you to decide.

oridostyle
04-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Marco is an :mrmeph:

customer service was very bad, so was his work. Changed my clutch, but forgot to tighten my 4 screws for the shifter no big deal right. Yeah if will be a big deal if the shifter came lose since i live 35-40 miles away from his shop. He tired to fix my speed sensor by disconnecting positive battery terminal instead of negative. Well after that my battery light will always be on after engine off. I asked him if he can check the problem for me and he totally denied it was his fault. I asked him again if he can just check the problem for me he said ok come tomorrow. Next day i called he said he is busy come next Wednesday. Next Wednesday i called, he said come next Friday. He wasted 3 weeks of my time for the problem he created. Marco is just a damn liar and was a total waste of my time.