PDA

View Full Version : where did you mount your ebay fuel pressure regulator???

bobafett
06-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I already searched, and didnt come up with much good stuff..

Im not asking how to hook it all up, I have that under control, but what I am unsure of, is the best place to mount the damn thing...

here is a link to something identical to what i bought: CLICK ME (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33553&item=7981473301&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

convenient how they dont say it is everything you need.. i had to tap out my freakin fuel rail, and i installed a 1/4" ntp air compressor fitting basically... cause the regulator did not come with the parts i needed to hook up to the fuel rail.

i learned my lesson, because i probably spent more time and money getting this all modded to work, than i would have just buying a nismo or tomei regulator :(

anyway, i need help on where to mount this freakshow of a part... i dont see anywhere remotely close to the rail where i could mount it, and i assume that if i mount it really far away i will have tons of pressure drop, or some negative effect.

just looking for advice, and to hear where you guys have mounted your ebay regulators. :)

edit: this is on an 89 sohc :)

420sx
06-18-2005, 03:41 PM
uhhh.... i would not use this if i were u. oh and why in the world u want this on ur stock sohc???

bobafett
06-18-2005, 04:00 PM
im going turbo. :)

all i need is FMIC pipes and downpipe, everything else is in order.

t3/t4 .63/.60 57 tirm...
jgs manifold
walbro 255
egay fpr
12x24x3 bar and plate fmic
hks ssqv bov
stealthmode oil lines

havent narrowed down what direction im going with injectors or management, so i havent bought that stuff yet... im either gonna tune the stock ecu with a rechip, go ghetto with safc/btm, or go standalone, but im not sure which yet...

anyway none of it will matter if i cant get this fuel pressure regulator somehow mounted in the engine bay

sr240mike
06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Is it a rising rate fpr? How are you going to support the fuel pressure drop when boost comes in?