PDA

View Full Version : which vlsd for my ABS 91 s13 hatch?

iwishiwas-all*
06-18-2005, 10:43 AM
HI I searched to no availl for this specific question, so here goes...
I have a 91 s13 le 5spd with ABS. I would like to keep ABS, dont ask my why and oh you dont need it etc... I want it so there,
I am looking to buy a VLSD for my car but im not sure which one i need and what axles etc.... I thought it might be a bit easier with the abs model like I wont have to change output shafts etc.. can someone clue me in on what i need to get a vlsd for my abs equipped s13?
PS I plan on buying a complete vlsd including the pupkin, unlike the guy on the tech forums who got just the lsd unit

thanks,
Gabe

final act
06-18-2005, 02:31 PM
do some research dude!
Ill help you out though...sounds like your car already has a vlsd in it and could have super hicas also....all the 240sx's fastbacks that came with abs usually came with vlsd and super hicas so check your car out and see if you have them!

iwishiwas-all*
06-18-2005, 08:33 PM
ive done my research dude!!! And ill help u out with my research, I have a LE model which did nto come with Super Hicas nor vlsd, ive checked my car out , i know my car ive tried to drift my car but the open diff sucks, i can tell it is open diff because the pumpkin doesnt have the orange sticker on it "VLSD" .
Trust me im not a moron with my 240sx, i just want to know what i need to install it on my car since i know the ABS equiped 240sx's had manny differences in parts then the non ABS 240's...
such as bigger brakes, different driveshaft, etc.......

ThatGuy
06-18-2005, 08:40 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:@not being able to drift because you have an open diff. I can understand you wanting a better differential, but don't make lame excuses about your driving skill.

iwishiwas-all*
06-18-2005, 08:55 PM
"i know my car ive tried to drift my car but the open diff sucks"
were did I say I was making up for lack of drifting skill here, I said my open diff sucks and i would like a better diff....

your a mod right....so why dont you help me out and not say stupid ass shit like that, do u have a answer to my question,? if not then dont post, trust me thats what u would tell me, so im not the best at drifting big fucking deal, i dont go practice, i wait for wet roads cause i dont have a million dollar tire budget..... :mrmeph: and i am trying with no avail to figure out how your post is suppoed to help, since it has no merrit, even about my drifting ability...

My question has nothing to do with my drifting ability.So back to the topic.

TheSparo
06-18-2005, 09:18 PM
"i know my car ive tried to drift my car but the open diff sucks"
were did I say I was making up for lack of drifting skill here, I said my open diff sucks and i would like a better diff....

your a mod right....so why dont you help me out and not say stupid ass shit like that, do u have a answer to my question,? if not then dont post, trust me thats what u would tell me, so im not the best at drifting big fucking deal, i dont go practice, i wait for wet roads cause i dont have a million dollar tire budget..... :mrmeph: and i am trying with no avail to figure out how your post is suppoed to help, since it has no merrit, even about my drifting ability...

My question has nothing to do with my drifting ability.So back to the topic.

you're fucking retarded, i feel so sorry for you, he was commenting on how you said i want a ummm vlsd because ummm i wanna be able to drift.. and ummm im a badass so you should ummm tell me ummm now before i take my ummm kool attitude to another fucking forum...
oh yea, you did not search, and you most definately did NOT look in the Archive section... http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=53768
and don't act like a smartass about "i know my car" because if you did, you would know which parts were interchangeable on it... so go fuck a duck

btw: you are welcome

iwishiwas-all*
06-18-2005, 09:40 PM
you're fucking retarded, i feel so sorry for you, he was commenting on how you said i want a ummm vlsd because ummm i wanna be able to drift.. and ummm im a badass so you should ummm tell me ummm now before i take my ummm kool attitude to another fucking forum...
oh yea, you did not search, and you most definately did NOT look in the Archive section... http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=53768
and don't act like a smartass about "i know my car" because if you did, you would know which parts were interchangeable on it... so go fuck a duck

btw: you are welcome
:mrmeph::mrmeph::mrmeph:

Ok moron... you are soo quick to respond..... i never said "I want a lsd, so I can drift and be cool like TheSparo" did I??? He was commenting on me saying my car sucks with the open diff, and how he thought that i was making excuses for my drifting skills becuase of my open diff, that has been cleared up, that is not the reason why I want it , THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY QUESTION>> I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE U GET THAT OUT OF MY POST. AND MR SMARTASS I SHOULD THANK YOU<<< FIND IN THAT LINK SOMWERE WHERE IT EXPLAINS IF YOU NEED ANY SPECIFIC LSD TO ATTACH TO A ABS EQUPPIED CAR.... YEA SMART ONE, I AM NOT A MORON I HAVE REVIEW THE ARCIVES AND I WOULD APPRICIATE A ANSWER THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME WANTING TO BE SOO UBER COOL LIKE YOU BY GETTING A VLSD,
:Owned:

If there is no different parts needed to add a vlsd to my car then tell me some please someone so I can stop listening to these morons who reply to my posts with no intention of helping me

TheSparo
06-18-2005, 10:03 PM
omg, you are still retarded, if you would have researched the info on that page, for example the J30 VLSD, it is the exact same length as the 240sx open diff w/ abs, but you wouldn't know that since you didn't research it like you should have. i am sorry for being such a dick, but you really did not search like you should have...
haha btw i don't drift, im more of a course/grip person...

the reason why it doesn't say anything about ABS on s13 equivalents is because it HAS NO RELEVANCE, the difference is maybe 1.5 in. in length, so the J30 vlsd would be perfect since all j30's had abs, just get a pre 95 model vlsd from a j30...
did that answer your question

iwishiwas-all*
06-18-2005, 10:09 PM
the reason why it doesn't say anything about ABS on s13 equivalents is because it HAS NO RELEVANCE, the difference is maybe 1.5 in. in length, so the J30 vlsd would be perfect since all j30's had abs, just get a pre 95 model vlsd from a j30...
did that answer your question

OMG I got a answer, why didnt you just say that to start with, i mean if u cut out the bullshit, thats what i wanted to know. i dont know that all j30's have abs, i am looking for the simplist most direct way to get a lsd for my car, god what a ordeal for such simple info....

TheSparo
06-18-2005, 10:14 PM
it's just your first reply was so assinine and stuck up, when you ask for info people are doing you a favor... and also on the link i provided you, you could have just searched for the applications that would have worked for you... that's all i'm saying

MakotoS13
06-18-2005, 10:35 PM
OMG I got a answer, why didnt you just say that to start with, i mean if u cut out the bullshit, thats what i wanted to know.

dude, you're an idiot cause everyone knows that all 240's come with LSD in the back and dats why they such great dori carz dog.

wtf is yer hed @?!

mrmephistopheles
06-18-2005, 10:38 PM
hey iwish, do your own research.