PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Kit recommendations

Ks Silvia
06-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello All. I am new to Zilvia but have been posting on other Nissan site. I have been doing a little research on suspension kits. I just bought my 98 240sx and am excited to start moding it. So, getting back to suspensions kit. From what I have researched, the top dogs are:

Kei Office D1 Spec
Kei Office XTA
HKS Hipermax Pro
HKS Hipermax Performer
HKS Hipermax II
HKS Hipermax D
HKS Hipermax Drag
Apexi N-1 Type V
Tein RS
Tanabe Sustec pro DD
Cusco Zero-2R
Cusco Zero-2E
and some JIC kits.

Though pricey, these perform the best. Im the type of person who will take the time to get the best. If anyone has any of these kits installed or any additional info not mentioned here, please feel free to list it. Thanks.

vinhisbored
06-17-2005, 01:07 AM
It actually really matters on what you plan on doing with your car. For example, if you 'drift' or you just like the really stiff feel, I'd recommend you going with Kei Office, just because it's known, and it's pretty damn stiff. (I don't know too much about other applications.. so this is only my opinion.) I believe that if you want to save some money, Megan Coilovers are really good too. A number of people mention that they love it on their cars, and I heard they're made from the same makers of Apexi coilovers. Out of those though, I'd say Kei Office, Cusco, or Tanabe.

Sil Beer S13
06-17-2005, 02:54 AM
just get Zeal Function D with 10/8 rates

SochBAT
06-17-2005, 04:56 AM
if its strictly drift, get some steel pipes, and fab them to replace your shocks. Or Kei Office XTA's would be nice.

Dousan_PG
06-17-2005, 10:00 AM
ooh super function
function d
tanabe dd

if you want some real high end name brand expect to pay 1600-2200
unlesss you want super function then spread dem cheeks!! but they fucking rule. god i lvoe SF..my friend has them, amazing most amazing coilovers. incredible. fuck i want them.

vinhisbored
06-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Hm.. I think you should tell us what you plan on doing with your coilovers. I personally have some Zeals.. don't know the model though.. I bought them on ebay.. haha they're still pretty awesome. I love them.

Ks Silvia
06-17-2005, 01:18 PM
ok...I was doin some more searching through this sight and subled across drift factory's forum. I am narrowing down the suspension kits to both drift and street applications. I am no hot shot "drift king", but I would like to have the option to eventually take the sucker out to a track as well as cruising down the streets of Cali at midnight. So, I am revising the list I made to both street and drift applications with more enphasis on drag. I havent yet check the Zeals or the function D (or something like that, but I will. Oh and the Tanabe dd, I looking into that...it didnt seem up to par as Apexi'stype V's...but ill check um out again. He thanks for the info everyone.

OptionZero
06-17-2005, 01:25 PM
do you really need coilovers for drag...? heck...do you need a 240 for drag?

Ks Silvia
06-17-2005, 01:27 PM
sorry, meant drift

vinhisbored
06-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, get something extra stiff. I'd recommend Kei Office first, but you'll probably be paying alot more for the name.