PDA

View Full Version : Turboing my ka and advice is needed

240skyline
06-16-2005, 08:03 PM
It's summer and my need for speed needs to be fed....force fed that is,and I'm no mechanical expert yet so I'm peading for help here.I am considering buying a t25 turbo set up made by xs power it comes with all the fittings,front mount intercooler,BOV,manifold and couplers.This kit doesn't come with intercooler piping so I know I have to get that.Is anyone familiar with this kit?And can they tell me if it's crap or not.

I also am not 100% sure of everything I should have to bolt this kit on and run it reliably.I have bought 370cc sr20det injectors and a tps sensor and thats it so far.So I guess I need alot of help.I would like to run this car around 15psi but I know that'd be suicide with the stock set up.I was thinking around 7.5psi with the stock internals....is this too much and what do you guys suggest to get to my goal?Realistically someday I would like to upgrade to bigger turbo set up and get this car to around 400whp but for now I'd be happy with 250-300 if possible.I'm going to school next year so this is the year to get my car to where I am somewhat content for awile so that when I'm in school and totally broke ass I can still go out and rip up some pavement.

This year I plan on doing a auto to manual swap as well so money is precious.

Jeff240sx
06-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I want to type.. but your stupid user name prevents me...
That, and the fact you're buying a terrible "kit" due to lack of research, and you're wasting money on worthless things.. like a TPS sensor. WTF?! Upgrading later? Read something somewhere before sounding like a complete idiot.
-Jeff

240skyline
06-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry your so bitter.

ThatGuy
06-16-2005, 08:20 PM
If you knew HALF of what he knows about KA-T's you'd be bitter about these so-called kits too. Now listen to him, and go READ.

240skyline
06-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Well I don't and thats why I'm here to LEARN.If people are always such dicks why would anyone even want to learn.If you don't want to help don't post on my thread.

justinhustle
06-16-2005, 08:30 PM
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/

ThatGuy
06-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Well there is plenty here to learn that has already been covered. If you look around you will notice that there is a thread dedicated to nothing but KA-T's in the Tech Section. We may be a little harsh here at Zilvia, but we don't like having to spoon-feed every new 240 owner simply because they lack the ability to research something thoroughly before making a purchase such as this.

TheSparo
06-16-2005, 08:32 PM
seriously man, just search KAT on any 240 forum, hell im pretty sure there is a sticky somewhere on here about KAT's...

240skyline
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Alright guys I here ya.Listen this is my second 240 s14 and I bought it because my first one was my baby and I wrote it off before I got to do anything with it.This is the first one I'm actually getting a chance to mod and this is why I sound like a total jackass most of it's new to me thats all.I had an mx-6 between my two 240s that car was V6 and fast but I couldn't stand fwd.Plus the 240 is unique in the sea of riced out civics where I'm from .YES in NS Canada S14's are very rare. I work @ a Volvo,Jaguar,Land Rover and Porche dealership and I've driven everything from k-cars to ferraris and no lie the 240 is still my fav.

DMC
06-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Newb posts like these remind me of the matrix, like they just want us to upload them with all the information we have about turboing the ka.

Well here it is!

Everything YOU will ever need to know about turbos (http://www.zilvia.net/f/search.php?)

MakotoS13
06-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Well I don't and thats why I'm here to LEARN.

look, poser, if you come here and refuse to read to learn you're wasting everyone's time including yours. now, i realize that you might not be worth much but our energies are better spent doing useful things rather than educating retards on the basics of turbo charging a vehicle.

still, you persist in denying the nudge that you are offered out of sheer GRACE by people that have forgotten more than your tiny brain will probably ever know.

If people are always such dicks why would anyone even want to learn.If you don't want to help don't post on my thread.

i'm sorry if our general assumption is that mankind should have free thought and reasoning above that of paris hilton. i'm sorry that you come here NOT for the pure knowledge but to be accepted and i'm sorry that you have one of the dumbest fuggin screennames ever in the history of anything.

that isn't all, but try to have a nice day, kid.

I work @ a Volvo,Jaguar,Land Rover and Porche dealership and I've driven everything from k-cars to ferraris and no lie the 240 is still my fav.

i highly doubt you're qualified enough to wash a ferrari let alone idle it from the wash bay to the lot which still wouldn't consitute driving it.

im not saying i hope you die, just that i'm surprised you aren't dead by now.

24Dee
06-17-2005, 10:21 AM
look, poser, if you come here and refuse to read to learn you're wasting everyone's time including yours. now, i realize that you might not be worth much but our energies are better spent doing useful things rather than educating retards on the basics of turbo charging a vehicle.

still, you persist in denying the nudge that you are offered out of sheer GRACE by people that have forgotten more than your tiny brain will probably ever know.

i'm sorry if our general assumption is that mankind should have free thought and reasoning above that of paris hilton. i'm sorry that you come here NOT for the pure knowledge but to be accepted and i'm sorry that you have one of the dumbest fuggin screennames ever in the history of anything.

that isn't all, but try to have a nice day, kid.

i highly doubt you're qualified enough to wash a ferrari let alone idle it from the wash bay to the lot which still wouldn't consitute driving it.

im not saying i hope you die, just that i'm surprised you aren't dead by now.

damn..... you might have just pushed him to pull the trigger on himself.

TheSparo
06-17-2005, 10:35 AM
lmfao, that last line makato was the finishing touch... im sorry but im cracking up right now...

Jeff240sx
06-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the backing, Thatguy.
Searching isn't hard. You type in 'xs power' and read what's said about them. You go to the tech section and look at the KA-T FAQ I made.
-Jeff

S14DB
06-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Well I don't and thats why I'm here to LEARN.If people are always such dicks why would anyone even want to learn.If you don't want to help don't post on my thread.
Maybe you should look thru the fourm before asking questions. There is a nice 3 page sticky on KAT. KA-T FAQ (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=62609)