PDA

View Full Version : tricky electrical problem

mixxamike
06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
So my s14 will not start...I started reading my FSM and worked my way back from the starter to the cluth interlock relay, still no power. I removed the clutch interlock relay and heard a click, put the relay back in and the car started right up. Here is teh kicker...before I did this, the accessories would not work either. This leads me to believe that its the ignition switch? After driving the car around for a bit after i managed to start it up, it died on my once again but I started the car right back up by removing and reinserting the clutch interlock relay...the car is now dead AGAIN in my garage.

any ideas?

skiboard06
06-16-2005, 08:20 PM
maybe try replacing the relay i have a push button start for my sr i just got frustrated enough to do it

mixxamike
06-16-2005, 11:23 PM
nevermind, i think its a short in my fuse box...not even with the aformentioned relay. its acutally the hi/lo radiator fan relay thats causing the problem...how??? i dunno, but if i move that relay all is fine.

theicecreamdan
06-17-2005, 02:49 PM
I was gonna say,,, it doesn't sound like an ignition switch at all if you move a relay and then it starts fine.

Al_S14
06-17-2005, 08:30 PM
sounds to me like a faulty relay. i see a lot of Legends that have Fuel Pump relay start to go and car will shut off by itself when you hit a bump and banging on the relay can make it start again.