PDA

View Full Version : cusco motor mounts

Scott5586
06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
i just got my cusco motor mounts for my s14. I was just wondering what mount is for what side. one of the mounts is a square and the other one has a angle where one side is wider then the other. anybody with cusco mounts will know what im talkin bout.

vinhisbored
06-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Try posting pics.. I'm more of a person that has to see it to think about it..

Scott5586
06-15-2005, 03:59 PM
here is a pic of the mounts and what im talkin about. you can see how the mount on left has an angle to on of the sides.

SDS14Driver
06-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Just out of curiosity, why'd you buy the mounts w/o knowing how to install them? Not to burn you or anything but were you relying on this forum to help you get them in?

Kills me how so many of the tech threads here are so "hold my handish..."

Here's a tutorial from importnut.net; they're installing Nismo mounts but it'll give you a relative idea of how your install should go. http://importnut.net/nismomm.htm

Good luck.

Scott5586
06-15-2005, 09:52 PM
im not tryin to get people to hold my hand, im just trying to find out what side the mounts go on before i put my engine back in. if i would have got the nismo mounts then i wouldnt have the problem cuz they are exactly like stock just stiffer, but i wanted somethin more aggressive so i got the cusco. if you look at the picture they are different in size and shape of the stock mounts and on the mounts it doesnt say left or right side. so i am just tryin to save my self the extra work and time, by askin people that have the cusco mounts. so if you dont have experience with the mounts dont try to make me look like a newbe.

trsilvias13
06-15-2005, 11:03 PM
take out one oem mount, which ever look closest to that one, put that one is. repeat on other side. if motor sit a lil wierd, you messed up, then swap mounts, done

lilredstiffy
06-16-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't remember which one I put on which side but the little guide 'pin' will line up on the crossmember. Even if you put them on the wrong side it won't matter, these are the same height.

s0ldats
08-10-2005, 01:19 AM
bump this, i wanna know too. the little pin will line up on either side, but the offset of the top and bottom studs are different for each side.

monk
08-27-2005, 10:51 AM
ya i want to know as well

drift freaq
08-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Actually, there is a guy locally, here in Los Angeles, that bought a set of our Custom Urethane mounts,that we have on open group buy( purchase and get immediately) who had Cusco mounts. He was still getting engine movement and vibration in the trans with them. He is changing the Cusco mounts out for ours. :D. The Cuscos were not stiff enough. I saw them as well in his car and was not impressed.

fliprayzin240sx
08-27-2005, 11:25 AM
hmm...id try the bigger/wider one on the driver side first since the engine torques that way more anyways.

MadScientist
08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
You have to have the Cusco Mounts installed right for them to be effective... they are very stiff. If your getting vibration still... you have an engine problem.

The smaller one is LEFT, with pin on top, in back
The bigger one is RIGHT, with pin on top, in front

I always try to mark these for customers.

Peace
Drew

EDIT: running from car to comp...

S14DB
08-27-2005, 11:54 AM
You have to have the Cusco Mounts installed right for them to be effective... they are very stiff. If your getting vibration still... you have an engine problem.

Peace
Drew

You never marked mine. :p Oh wait I was the first one to get them and find this problem out. Still haven't installed them :wtc:

lilredstiffy
08-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Complete bs that the cusco mounts aren't stiff enough ever. They are solid metal, with two rubbery sleeves to tighten on each one. THEY DONT MOVE PERIOD.

SlowCoupe
08-27-2005, 05:35 PM

Peace
Drew

are those directions when standing in front of the car? or sitting in the driver seat?

MadScientist
08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Same as RHD (Right Hand Drive) and LHD (Left Hand Drive)

Peace
Drew

Jamison182
02-13-2007, 08:29 PM
are those directions when standing in front of the car? or sitting in the driver seat?

Im trying to figure this out also...So the smaller mount is under the turbo??? Damn I must be getting dumberer.

UNISA JECS
02-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes smaller goes on driver side larger on passanger side...

Phlip
02-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow, this thread is OLD