PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET owners...i need your replies!

nissantfsx
06-14-2005, 12:17 AM
my 240sx is an auto...and i am thinking about doing a 5 spd swap...
I have asked already...the price for a manual swap will go around $700 in my area. And thats when the idea of an entire engine swap came to my mind.
Can anyone here tell me in detail of what will happen if i get pulled over by a cop, my hood popped, and the cop found out that the engine(silvia) does not belong to my car.

i really appreciate for the help you guys!

NOTE: i am in CA, US.

supportTHEezln
06-14-2005, 12:25 AM
As far as I know, you go to the impound. Then you'll have to go to a state ref. etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you/me/whoeverelsehassrinCA is fucked if that happens.

TheSnail
06-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Here in Ga we can ride around with a jet turbine off of a mig strapped to the roof. Oh man its great!

Ritz S14
06-14-2005, 12:34 AM
If you get popped, you must go to a state ref to clear your ticket(ticket can only be clearned with STOCK motor). If you don't clear your ticket, it'll probably get impounded down the road.

Dousan_PG
06-14-2005, 12:35 AM
state ref
car impounded
lots of tickets

street racing? maybe get the car crushed if your lucky
no cat? $2k fine, non-fightable.

eitherway your fucked

420sx
06-14-2005, 12:42 AM
yea u want an sr? keep it cool on the street or trail it to the track.

ALTRNTV
06-14-2005, 12:58 AM
You get sent to the State Ref. At that time, swap in a stock KA, then go see the ref. After you pass, swap back your SR.

SochBAT
06-14-2005, 01:13 AM
"hey, nice car... " Impound, ticket.
State ref, swap back to KA, state ref, chew your ass out, dismissed.

Pank
06-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Here in Ga we can ride around with a jet turbine off of a mig strapped to the roof. Oh man its great!

I could ride around in a dumpster full of burning garbage in NC.

gotta love the south.

Project D
06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Ouch CA really blows. In CO, they only have emissions in Dnever, so if you live anywhere else, there is no mandatory emissions cheacks. Basically, I can swap the SR20DET, drive around with no worries, and be only minutes away from some of the best mountain roads in the United States. Its not all that bad.

420sx
06-14-2005, 11:44 AM
^ Texas is just like that. u can ride in a pos truck thats responsible for half worlds air polution and everyone would smile at ya and say how r u doin partner.

Yoshi
06-14-2005, 01:50 PM
well, where i live in WA, the cop sez, "so... what kinda car is that?"
followed by, "well, try to keep an eye on your speed... have a good day."

but for you, chances are very good that you'll get:
-lecture
-photo album of what modded engines (like SRs) look like
-lecture on lack of CARB
-lecture on what's street legal
-big ticket
-car impounded
- MAYBE he says, "have a good day".

BobbyBoy
06-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Or you can be nice and complaint with an officer and make sure your not doing anything else illegal when they pull you over. More police have seen my motor than I'd like, but no ref yet...

If your really lucky, you were born white, and then get no racial discrimination when pulled over, then act like a momma's boy and they dont think twice about hassling you further...

TheSnail
06-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I could ride around in a dumpster full of burning garbage in NC.

gotta love the south.

That shit made me laugh, Its now my sig:)

kuramaya
06-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Holy shit 2,000 bucks for no cat?
Thats fucked

ranisron
06-14-2005, 08:27 PM
you know keeping it cool on the street is hard some time... I'd say it depends on the driver's personality.

Here in Indiana - cops don't give a damn... they got those trucks to deal with...

yea u want an sr? keep it cool on the street or trail it to the track.

estrada42
06-14-2005, 08:56 PM
As long as were on the topic, what about Oregon? Thinking about moving there. I would love to know the rules on hybrid engines up there. This is actually one of the main reasons I'm moving out of California.

janko
06-14-2005, 09:59 PM
If your really lucky, you were born white, and then get no racial discrimination when pulled over, then act like a momma's boy and they dont think twice about hassling you further...

That is complete bullshit. The white male is now the endangered species not whatever minority you think you are. Its easier for minorities to get better jobs, get into colleges, receive scholarships and countless other things yet you still find things to bitch about. If you don't dress or act like a criminal you're not going to be treated like one.

TheSnail
06-14-2005, 10:11 PM
That is complete bullshit. The white male is now the endangered species not whatever minority you think you are. Its easier for minorities to get better jobs, get into colleges, receive scholarships and countless other things yet you still find things to bitch about. If you don't dress or act like a criminal you're not going to be treated like one.

That’s only for foreigners, not minorities as a general. Every body knows that foreigners hold smartnessism unachievable by the best of the best.

King 240
06-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I'm here in Texas, I've been pulled over once and had a cop ask me what I had under the hood. So I showed him. he goes yeah I pulled over a 240 with an RB something in it a day or so ago. I was just curious if you had the same thing, sorry to scare ya.
He also commented on how my car was nice and low pitched compared to the Hondas he hears.

That was it no ticket,lol.

"CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP"
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS,lol

TheSnail
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I'm here in Texas, I've been pulled over once and had a cop ask me what I had under the hood. So I showed him. he goes yeah I pulled over a 240 with an RB something in it a day or so ago. I was just curious if you had the same thing, sorry to scare ya.
He also commented on how my car was nice and low pitched compared to the Hondas he hears.

That was it no ticket,lol.

"CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP"
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS,lol

I have to admit, King240 your just like a toilet...

RSP13-Sideways
06-14-2005, 11:22 PM
If you're worried about getting pulled over, I personally have a blacktop in my SilEighty and I don't really give a damn if I get pulled over......

turbozxi
06-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Sr20det?

What do you mean doesn't belong in a silvia?

TheSnail
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
mean, doesn’t it

turbozxi
06-15-2005, 12:38 AM
mean, doesn’t it
Huh? :loco:

TheSnail
06-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Huh? :loco:

What ever the fuck this means:

"Sr20det?

What do you mean doesn't belong in a silvia?"

So nore, "What do you mean it doesnt belong in a 240?"

or "What do you mean it belongs in a Silvia?"

turbozxi
06-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh I forgot you call them 240's over there. My mistake. :axe:

MakotoS13
06-15-2005, 10:49 PM
see, if you just put a nice fat V8 in there you'd have no problems with johny law on account of it bein a real life motor sold right here in the true blue U s of a.

SR's are SO 2004

TheSnail
06-15-2005, 11:30 PM
You make it sound so easy to newbe's, but even those with the most V8 modivation ^ ^ ^, still have a 4cyl.

mmdb
06-15-2005, 11:44 PM
You should probably ask how many people ARE running the sr right now...

FRpilot
06-16-2005, 12:14 AM
by now.. thousands are