PDA

View Full Version : Am i retarded or is Greddy

Sil-EightyNY
06-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I have an s13 with a blacktop s13 motor with a greddy profec b II, that i have bought from the store that i work at and left it at 7psi for everyday commutes. When i go to the track, i bump it up to 13.5 psi and my greddy gauge spikes up to almost 1 bar and then brops back down. I never really cared for 3 months now and thought that its the settings i cant get right. I decided to get to the bottom of this today and messed with it all day. I set all the settings to the maximum setting, and still the car boosts 10 psi and bounces back to 7. I unpluged the wastegate and the car goes nuts and the gauge keeps climbing without problems so its the boost controller. I tripple checked the lines and so did kenny, my boss and its not the vaccum lines. We had costumers in the past with sr20dets and t4 turbos boosting 7 psi max with this unit and ofcourse they came back and yelled. We sent their shit out to greddy and months and months later they came back with new units that worked good. I dont want to lose my boost controller for 3-4 months. What should i do???
Bottom line, i think that GREDDY is an :mrmeph: company selling booty shit.

TheSnail
06-08-2005, 11:13 PM
What is your Gain, Start, and Set settings set to?

97SilviaRB
06-09-2005, 01:17 AM
So let me get this straight...to try and get to the bottom of the boost controller problem, you pulled the line off of your wastegate and the gauge "went crazy". I really hope you were hoping to blow something up because if you keep that up, you are gonna be hanging out on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck. Sounds like you have bigger problems and they are not associated with your engine or your boost controller at all. Sell the car before you blow something up...thanks!

Sil-EightyNY
06-09-2005, 09:28 PM
what are you talking about???? I unpluged the wastegate to eliminate the posibility of the motor not being able to reach high boost!!!! i boosted to 1 kpa and stoped so its not the motor. Now i caught myself on one thing. The plastic cap on the third side of the soleniod i forgot to remove. Now i put the SET to a 100 which in the book is the wastegate limit so it should be the same thing as having the wastegate unpluged and kept the book factory settings for the rest and the car still went up to 11.2 psi at 7.5K RPM. So something is still wrong.
Someone help!!!!!
Thanx

Sil-EightyNY
06-09-2005, 09:34 PM
WoW after reading most of the replies on this thread,, most of the people here like to flame insted of help which is really sad. :wtf: Or really dont know whats going on at all. Telling me to sell my car??? :wtf: Who the hell are you to tell me what to do and telling me to sell my car??? :cj: I built this car single handedly and love the 240 and SRs more then anything and some tool is telling me to sell my car. :fawkd: Y dont you say something positive and if you aint got nothing to say STFU !!!!!!

speeddreamz
06-09-2005, 10:17 PM
what are you talking about???? I unpluged the wastegate to eliminate the posibility of the motor not being able to reach high boost!!!! i boosted to 1 kpa and stoped so its not the motor. Now i caught myself on one thing. The plastic cap on the third side of the soleniod i forgot to remove. Now i put the SET to a 100 which in the book is the wastegate limit so it should be the same thing as having the wastegate unpluged and kept the book factory settings for the rest and the car still went up to 11.2 psi at 7.5K RPM. So something is still wrong.
Someone help!!!!!
Thanx

Well about the flames first, you asked if you were retarded, and people told you. Just put next time, im confused why this is happening.

And Setting 100 on your boost controller is not the same thing, that means that it will allow you to go to 100% more boost, (1bar). If you unplug the vac line on your actuator, it will be uncontrolled boost, the pressure will keep rising because the wastegate isn't controlling it. To get it to correcty run higher boost, theres tuning issues sometimes, and you also have to keep your gain and set gain as resonable levels, you have to screw around with it. Just don't let your boost go above 14 pounds. I hope you have a FMIC and a walbro btw.

Another word of advice, zilvians are assholes. just deal with it, don't post if its that much of a problem, because zilvians will keep flaming.

driftstar
06-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Thas what you get for buying Greddy. Should have picked up an APexi product or even HKS , they have good electronics

90RS13
06-11-2005, 07:34 AM
Thas what you get for buying Greddy

WTF? Since when has GReddy been known to sell bad products?

s14turbosilvia
06-11-2005, 07:47 AM
So let me get this straight...to try and get to the bottom of the boost controller problem, you pulled the line off of your wastegate and the gauge "went crazy". I really hope you were hoping to blow something up because if you keep that up, you are gonna be hanging out on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck. Sounds like you have bigger problems and they are not associated with your engine or your boost controller at all. Sell the car before you blow something up...thanks!

dude shut the fuck up. sell your own car. you don't deserve to own it. If this guy doesn't know what he's doing, i think it'd be dun blowed up by now. a true sign of intellignece from you would be for you to give some feedback about his problem and how he might go about finding a solution, not insisting that he sell his car.

Var
06-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I got a Greddy Profec E-01 and mine does the same thing. Some people say it's a turbo efficiency issue cause i have a stock t-25. Some say it's an acuator issue. Some say it's a boost controller issue. It basically drops 2-3 psi no matter what i set it to, just like yours. 13.5-10.5, 10-7, 7-5. I dunno why. And I dont see how it can be a turbo efficiency issue. The boost controller should always compensate for dropping boost and increase duty cycle.

When i put it to manual mode, i use 50% duty cycle, and it does the same thing. Since the duty cycle is staying constant(supposedly), then it cant be a boost controller issue unless the duty cycle really isnt staying constant. And then on auto mode..you set the boost and go through the learning procedure which consists of a few runs to full boost. Auto mode should compensate for whatever is happenning and keep the boost steady but it doesnt. So i guess all that auto mode does is figure out what duty cycle gives you the desired peak boost, and sets it as a constant. Which sucks considering it's a 500 dollar boost controller.

mbmbmb23
06-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Try relocating your vacuum reading for the boost control near the throttle body.

-m