PDA

View Full Version : sleepy eye options

01SaturnL200
06-08-2005, 01:12 PM
i already have the sleepy eye controller installed in my car, i was wondering if there is anyway to actually let me control the lights instead of pushing the headlight button to adjust them, i wanna be able to adjust them "on the fly". I would also like to be able to have my headlights on w/ the lights still 1/2 down or up or w/e. I have tried searching but to no avail. thanks in advance :)

undercoverdjay
06-08-2005, 04:41 PM
The controller just interrupts the retract signal to the head light timer. There is no way to really adjust them similar to analog, as you turn the knob the lights follow. So tough luck there. In regards to the question about being able to turn the lights on with them sleepy eyed I had the same question but finally found a way around it. There is a 5amp fuse that controls the lights in the fuse box inside the car. Well if you pull that fuse the lights no longer move, unless you hit the bright switch or turn the lights on with the lever in the bright position. Well pulling that fuse is a pain in the ass so what I did was take a blown blade fuse and put it in the fuse block with 2 blade fuse taps you can get from radio shack. Using female spade connectors to run a wire from each lead on the taps to a switch. So when the switch is on, the switch keeps continuity and acts as a normal fuse and the lights work as they do now, however when the switch is off it acts as a blown fuse and the lights not longer work, again unless the bright switch is on or pulled. I then mounted the switch underneath the panel above your knees under the wheel in the small access hole they have there. I'll email you some pics if you'd like as I keep running over my disk quota here. Let me know if you have any questions

Chris

01SaturnL200
06-08-2005, 05:48 PM
sweet ya email me some pix, [email protected] thanks!

AllenRPS13
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
that's sounds good, any pics? i wanna know how u do it, thanks!

CaoBoY
06-15-2005, 01:23 AM
screw that! thats a little more complicated than what i did....you see that same fuse that ur talking about? unbolt the fuse box, and cut the baby blue wire its attached to backside of the box, you'll see it. attach that same switch to each end of the wire you just cut, and you can leave the blue 5amp working fuse in there.

Wei240
06-15-2005, 01:37 AM
so this is to turn headlights (reg, lo beam) on when it's in the sleepy eye position right?
but what if i want to use highbeams when it's in the sleepy eye (the one that stays on hi beam, not the flash)? would this work as well?
basically hit the headlight button to raise/lower headlights?

CaoBoY
06-15-2005, 01:44 AM
no. high beams do not work, as far as i know.(doesnt work on mine, you hit the highbeams, and they pop up and turn on)
you hit the 'override' button to the 'on' position. turn on ur headlights and once they pop up, turn them off. push the 'override' button to the 'off' position, then push it back 'on' when they close to the desired position. flip the toggle switch to the 'on' position and turn ur lights back on. parking lights/headlights turn on, lights stay half closed or whatever you have them set to, and you look 'cool' (dont drive around at night like this because you wont see anything on the road, and its not 'cool' to crash)