PDA

View Full Version : Who says east coast drifting is boring?

Ian
06-07-2005, 07:55 PM
this is a small collection of runs from the last USDrift event at Old Dominion Speedway (crappy nascar track that is really horrible for drifting but it's what we have to use)

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=onemoretime

It's James Evans of JE Motorsports against Mark Rozzo who is unsponsored to my knowledge

very intense, the first time i've heard the "one more time" chant at a USDrift event

*EDIT* i just noticed i have the runs in the wrong order...so disregard the "round 1...blah blah"

drift into a curb
06-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks for posting up video. i'd like to see a tad more early initiation before the turn. the s13 hatch won?

Ian
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah the S13 ended up winning...this isnt the final round though, it was to decide the final match.

the order is 1,3,2,4 i believe

cali240sxdrifter
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM
damn nice video, wish it was a bit more higher quality, but good enough thanks

NZO
06-07-2005, 08:49 PM
The s14 is sponsored?

Ian
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM
no i believe he is NOT sponsored...he had no stickers or anything...and i've actually never heard of him or seen him at any other events before...but he is pretty good IMO
he was much better in the solo runs

the vid is low quality because i had to downsize it and downgrade quality to make the 10MB limit of hte host i use

it was filmed on a DVD handicam actually

SilviaDriver
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
thats just as exciting as watching barney and friends in a friday night with a box full of popcorn

KiDyNomiTe
06-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow this has just moved to number one on my list of dumbest track/course layout ever. And I didnt realize how boring east coast drifting was until I saw this video...

Wow...

JDMs13
06-07-2005, 09:23 PM
boring.........yea ok BRO. We work with what we got... ya heard? Cars sliding sideways, what more do you want?

Sweet video, looks similar to a local shit-hole track we got. No infield though, 3rd gear all the way around.

KiDyNomiTe
06-07-2005, 10:16 PM
boring.........yea ok BRO. We work with what we got... ya heard? Cars sliding sideways, what more do you want?

Sweet video, looks similar to a local shit-hole track we got. No infield though, 3rd gear all the way around.
well you have two courses in this video... First I see two cars slowly cross over a steep incline, go into one small turn, then go back up the steep incline, one turn, go straight, and one more turn. The sadder part is the tandem cuz of all the breaks in between.

Why was there a "one more time"... The s13 clearly did better in every run shown...

Ian
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
yes, i agree that the course layout is HORRIBLE, but what are you gonna do? last year, they had them coming down on the front side of the far oval section...oval into infield...people were breaking tie rods and crashing left and right...obviously not the best idea ever had...

so far, this is the best course layout used and IMO, although the track sucked, the drivers kicked ass in making the best out of it. There were some awesome runs.

the infield section is WAY too slow though...i hate the fact that there is any drifting at all happening on oval tracks...it saddens me in a deep way

Team Rootbeer
06-08-2005, 09:22 AM
nice vid......if west coast guys think that is horrible and boring...come drift w/ me in alabama! we have NOTHING.....

broken_s13
06-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I think they did did a good job with what they had. The s13 kicked ass.

sw20>>s14
06-08-2005, 06:20 PM
s13 for teh winz!!11

vvtisupra
06-08-2005, 06:43 PM
for some reason i looks like they are holding back ? i'd like to see some earlier initiations and watching them actually charge the turn rather than slowing down and then drift

dannyboi
06-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Parking lot drifting looks more fun (and I hate parking lot drifting). I'd be pissed if I were a driver on that course (that incline is ridiculus...looks like it'll take out a bumper).

Pank
06-08-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm going to be the one that says East Coast drifting is boring, I guess.

at least NC gets the Carolina Motorsports Park

SR240DET
06-09-2005, 02:02 AM
dont mind KiDyNomiTe he has been swingin on dousans nuttz since day one.... trys to be like him..... he also likes to act like an ass by pointing out the obvious..... :keke: :keke:

anyways... cool video.... you guys did a good job on the track for what you have... not much at all to work with on the east coast... its hard... so dont mind that asshat......

nrg
06-09-2005, 02:39 AM
sorry, that was boring. You need to see how west cost does it.

KiDyNomiTe
06-09-2005, 09:56 AM
dont mind KiDyNomiTe he has been swingin on dousans nuttz since day one.... trys to be like him..... he also likes to act like an ass by pointing out the obvious..... :keke: :keke:

Please elaborate...Sorry if I find the events I go to at the venues I found 100 times more intersting, afterall thats what this thread is about.

Its not that hard to find cool track, just gotta look, then sweet talk the owners, give them a good demo, and don't fuck up thier track.

Here is an oval since you guys love em, with a better infield and its in virgina.
http://www.hrkc.com/photos/Weekly/Opening%20Day/PCDV0023.JPG

Go start your own company get your own events, make it cheaper, make it fun, make your own course layout. Then find more places, they are out there, this country is filled with tracks and parking lots more interesting and fun than ODS, you might have to drive a little, but don't give up cuz thats all US Drift could find.

JDMs13
06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
^^ I hear ya, there does have to be better stuff out there. It's just so hard to find them. 9 out of 10 times it has to be a track though, private lot owners cringe at the thought of lawsuits and cars tearing their shit up.

Huge open parking lots should be legal to fuck around in. The world would be a better place.

Greg

projectRDM
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll take option number three. All drifting is boring. I'd rather watch flyfishing on TV than a bunch of high horse ego driven assholes ruin a bunch of tires for an hour.

DoriftoSlut
06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Snoozetown. i fell asleep 18 times watching that video. More Hariguchi, less suck.

Andrew Bohan
06-10-2005, 05:27 PM
at first i thought the vid was at half speed.

*yawn*

blu808
06-11-2005, 04:55 AM
That infield looked sketchy. Did anyone hit those tires or the trailer? I cant believe they kept those there.

Anyways, you guys are really getting alot better out there. props.

Arnt there any good tracks out there?

gonzoes14k
06-11-2005, 10:35 AM
That infield looked sketchy. Did anyone hit those tires or the trailer? I cant believe they kept those there.

Anyways, you guys are really getting alot better out there. props.

Arnt there any good tracks out there?

Yes we are all getting better with what we got. They keep on taking places from us. Hell they have taken are parking lots. Usdrift/lookout does the best they can. Brain/Mike/Jerry/ect are good people who do good things for us over here.

blu808
06-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Isnt land pretty cheap out there? get some local buisnesses to sponsor the build of a small touge drift track..

Thats the only way i see you guys beeing able to drift on a decent course.

Or come out to cali.

SR240DET
06-11-2005, 05:34 PM
i dont like to watch drifting...... i find it pretty boring... just going out there and doing it once in a while is pretty fun tho..... thats about it....

Ian
06-11-2005, 10:36 PM
we have VIR and Summit Point...this was just a local event at ODS (northern virginia's only race track really)

we have a few parking lot events...but the main event of the summer is at Summit Point where we have a drift competition at a circut for once. They just built a track that IMO is amazing for drifting but has low spectator visibility...driving it is insane though...airtime, banked turns, 120mph straights...lol it's like a video game

Fastback180
06-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Old Dominion Speedway (crappy nascar track that is really horrible for drifting but it's what we have to use)

Yup...I use to live by the Giant near that track. That place blows and I would never be caught drifting there. That's the most 'necked out place ever. Drifting there is new now I guess.
Thanks for making us look like shit. :doh:

The East Coast is my home and I love it WAAAAAAY more than the shatty west. BUT THE DRIFTING SCENE ON THE EAST IS BORING!

You can weight the 2 and won't be able to win...

EAST- Very Dull and Boring...That's why all I ever did was illegal drifting and touge
WEST- Very Annoying and lot's of fakes

Drifting industrial intersections is where it's at...anywhere.

turbospeedmuffin
06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
better tracks and more frequent events is really annoying, huh ? And the fakes'everywhere on the west coast... not like the east coast where everybody keeps it real drift-core !111

gonzoes14k
06-13-2005, 09:40 AM
better tracks and more frequent events is really annoying, huh ? And the fakes'everywhere on the west coast... not like the east coast where everybody keeps it real drift-core !111

I guess he is bitter. We know the west has it better/easy. Just dosnt stop us from doing what we can do over here. Too bad he is missing out on the LEGAL fun no matter how boring it is :rolleyes:

Fastback180
06-13-2005, 11:03 AM
it's ashame i'm not in the states anymore...

the Team's new project car...
http://www.photodump.com/direct/hankparker/effortlessproject.jpg

the love of my life...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/hankparker/theawesomness.jpg

gonzoes14k
06-13-2005, 04:19 PM
U.S.Drift Event#2 Summit Point,July 15-16, 2005
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=81939 = Nice track and many runs.

RedSuns
06-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Wow this has just moved to number one on my list of dumbest track/course layout ever. And I didnt realize how boring east coast drifting was until I saw this video...

Wow...

my sole pupose of coming to the 25th-26th event will be to DEFEAT YOU!!! :eek3:

not really...

can i stay at your house instead of getting a hotel?

zanos
06-13-2005, 04:40 PM
pretty boring video,i havent seen any west CoaSt drifting videos though...........so cant really say wich is more boring:P

gonzoes14k
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
my sole pupose of coming to the 25th-26th event will be to DEFEAT YOU!!! :eek3:

not really...

can i stay at your house instead of getting a hotel?

Please give him refuge! Just make sure you house has strong walls :eek:

RedSuns
06-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Please give him refuge! Just make sure you house has strong walls :eek:

i have a feeling that my s14 would come flying off the trailor and hit some sort of wall :eek3:

EDIT: dammit...the event is filled up :rant:

KiDyNomiTe
06-13-2005, 05:48 PM
My house is like 3 hours from the track, I am staying out there, either hotel or camping. Hotels are super hard to find cuz this event is in the middle of a really big SCCA event among other events. So expect a lot of people being there.

The regualr drift day is filled, but the competition is still open.

RedSuns
06-13-2005, 06:16 PM
My house is like 3 hours from the track, I am staying out there, either hotel or camping. Hotels are super hard to find cuz this event is in the middle of a really big SCCA event among other events. So expect a lot of people being there.

The regualr drift day is filled, but the competition is still open.

i will still make it out there for the practice day...i am sure the people running the event will have some goodness in their hearts to let me slide