PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest, 2006 east coast 240sx shootout

nismo2491
06-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Alright well here's the deal... I tend to organize the official midatlantic240sx meets every month and have kind of been giving some thought to a east coast 240sx meet or shootout or something along those lines. I'd like to get the FL, NY, DC/Balt, etc crews togethor. I definitely don't expect cali people and stuff to drive cross country, though they are definitely still invited and more than welcome to attend. Basically it'd be a 2 day thing with one day being a drag day at maryland international raceway or viginia motorsports park and that would also have a car show involved. The other day would be a autocross/drift etc day at something like summit point, virginia international raceway, old dominion speedway, etc. I personally think the prime places would be MIR and ODS because they are only about an hour or so apart and really close to DC so fairly cheap places to stay that are abundant and then of course the night out in between the 2 days.. Cost would be somewhere around $250-$400 dollars, SOMEWHERE IN THAT RANGE. NOT REALLY SURE WHERE for both events. The course would of course be the more expensive, and the drag event be around $50. Hopefully I'd be able to pick up a few sponsors (in no way endorsed by the sites, just sponsoring the event privately through me) in exchange for money to offset costs to the private consumer and/or awards for the different events. Right now this is currently in the baby steps stages and looking at timeframe of early august/late july 2006. I just want to see if there is enough interest in this for me to follow through with it or if this is just pie in the sky... post here with anything.
KEvin
any questions, concerns, interests in sponsoring, etc can email me at [email protected]
feel free to quote and crosspost this to your other regional boards...

HyperTek
06-04-2005, 10:58 PM
you could look into making it the 240sx national convention.. since 03 and 04 where duds..

nismo2491
06-05-2005, 12:07 AM
well I could do it as the National convention but the problem is with it being in dc/metro area you won't get too many people from the west of the mississippi there. they are definitely welcomed there but the plan was that this leaves a national convention still up for grabs to be placed in a more central or west coast location...

s14turbosilvia
06-05-2005, 12:31 AM
What about VIR? The track there is absolutely awesome.

oops, sorry, just read your WHOLE post. So yea, my vote goes for VIR either way.

SimpleS14
06-05-2005, 07:55 PM
sounds nice....but kinda early to make such a thread?

ranisron
06-05-2005, 08:36 PM
If I covert my internship into full time, I could be there for the event... but....... still far way... anything for summer 2005?

ICKY
06-06-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm interested, but I don't really know if i'd be available to go during that time. I'm trying to go to japan next summer.

nismo2491
06-06-2005, 01:35 AM
I started the thread this early because I'm sure something big like this would take some planning and booking the track early and stuff, as for which tracks and stuff it'd come down to money but if a track that more people wanted to be at was within a reasonable amount then I'd probably go with the bit more expensive one. MIR is a nice track as well and has been recently repaved and a brand new start of the art LED lights, new timing system, new tower, etc... VIR I haven't been to in a while but I do remember its a nice track as well.....
as for summer 2005 its definitely way too late to start setting up a big event like this... I could always organize the event kind of early in the season, like march or may.

24Zero
06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Im in dude

Pank
06-06-2005, 09:54 AM
i'm in NC, if i have the scratch, i'd totally want to do this

Macadoshus
06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I is in...assuming the car works at the time.

YoungRookie
06-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I would be in for sure, i will have my license by then :eek3d: The car would even be boosted by then :hyper:

justinhustle
06-06-2005, 12:14 PM
id be in, if i dont sell and if its not too far ;)

uno
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
i would be in. plus 3 or 4 more local 240s.

240Driver39
06-06-2005, 07:07 PM
im in, depending on the dates, wouldnt mind someting in 2005 haha...im bored

sncs14
06-06-2005, 09:31 PM
i'm in if i have the $$$ and the s14 is running

whooha1217
06-07-2005, 12:12 AM
if my car runs good, im down!!

Sky240PWR
06-07-2005, 04:28 AM
sorry not trying to steal your post but where is the 240 national convention usally at?

Macadoshus
06-07-2005, 07:04 AM
sorry not trying to steal your post but where is the 240 national convention usally at?

Recently...nowhere. Last year it was supposed to be in Vegas.

s13rymos
06-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Id be up for going to a event like this. I have about 4 other 240 owners that would be interested too.

mr_240sx
06-07-2005, 08:57 AM
if you let me know ahead of time so that i can ge tthat week-end off, im more then willing to drive down from canada to go to it!!

Project D
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Whay not hold that NAtional COnvention in Vegas again? Maybe even the week before or after Supras Invade Las Vegas?? Just an idea nad if it is near a winter or summer break, I will bet that a lot of people will show up. Plus, Las Vegas has nice roads, whereas DC roads are kinda sketch.............

Steven
06-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Id be up for it plus mabey a few locals as well.

nismo2491
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Whay not hold that NAtional COnvention in Vegas again? Maybe even the week before or after Supras Invade Las Vegas?? Just an idea nad if it is near a winter or summer break, I will bet that a lot of people will show up. Plus, Las Vegas has nice roads, whereas DC roads are kinda sketch.............
why not read the thread. this isn't supposed to be a national convention. This is supposed to be a large 240sx convention targetted towards the east coast guys so that we don't have to drive all the way to vegas for a national convention. If I wanted to hold the convention in vegas I would have said that. And the shootout wouldn't be in dc, it'd be outside of dc and the roads around here aren't that bad.

Drunk Bastard
06-08-2005, 12:58 PM
anyone wanna fly me and my car out there? otherwise i wont be able to make it. also....shouldnt you have put this thread in the locals section?

nismo2491
06-08-2005, 01:37 PM
thats my opinion as far as the vegas or LA national conventions, thats a several day drive for me and many others on the east coast. hence why I am trying to get this going. as for being in the regional section this is targeted towards several different regions, not just 1. mid atlantic, north central, north eastern, and south eastern. So why would I want to have 4 of the same thread going at the same time?? that just wastes bandwith. besides I'm constantly forced to view threads from cali people about stupid shit like getting tickets and stuff and they never get put into regional sections....

docrice
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
def. down for an east coast meet....i think it would be great, since east coast always get f***ed on this kind of thing (the Formula D opener in NJ was the first real drift [or import racing, exc.drag] event we ever saw on the east coast). I am down and i have the rest of my car club up here that would be up for it. Let me know as this progresses, and as always, if there's anything that the rest of us can do to help. If you need advertisement, sponsors, or anything that we may be able to help with, do not hesitate to ask. I think this could turn out awesome, given a little bit of time and effort.

Rock on!

kandyflip445
06-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm in, hopefully. I want to be stationed somewhere on the east coast but that remains to be seen.