PDA

View Full Version : cluster question .... need help ASAP

sil-hybrid
05-31-2005, 08:18 PM
I learned that the easiest way to fix the HUD problem is to just switch it over to Analog and well the easiest way to do that is to switch sub-harnesses and it's just plug and play. I need to know if the SOHC instrument custer sub harness is the same as the DOHC's???? Seeing as the main difference is just a couple hundred more RPM on the DOHC I hope there isnt one.

PLease help quickly I need to get this car registered and inspected ASAP.

Thanks guys

SochBAT
06-01-2005, 12:22 AM
NO difference. Stick with the HUD, looks better IMHO.

vinhisbored
06-01-2005, 01:07 AM
i think the HUD messes up alot.. or breaks down quite easily after a while.. analog i believe is more reliable.

SochBAT
06-01-2005, 03:05 AM
maybe you've just got a crappy one. I've had mines installed for quite some time, and before installation, it was sitting outside in the naked sun. Works prime.

the head
06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
subharness is the same although if using a DOHC cluster on a SOHC engine the tach may not work

jedc
06-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Hey man it works. I am using a sohc sub-harness with a dohc cluster. I had the same problems with my hud so I switched clusters.

sil-hybrid
06-02-2005, 02:46 PM
thanks guy going to get a analog guage too ... I like the HUD to but this is my 2nd one already and i dont want to keep buying another ever time it breaks