PDA

View Full Version : kazama tie rod end after install question

Bradman123
05-27-2005, 01:31 PM
i just installed my tein inner and kazama outer tie rod ends. after the install i noticed that when i have the wheels pointing straight(or look straight, no exact alignment yet) the pillow ball joint seems to be at an angle \-- like so.is this normal or should the joint be straight up and down |--. hopefully thats a good enough example to get a good answer. thanks. ill try and get a picture if no one knows what im talking about.

Salty_X
05-27-2005, 02:18 PM
The bolt that goes through the heim should be straight into the spindle, but the joint can go wherever it needs to go. Mine points down, as can sorta be seen in this picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/salty_x/000_0102.jpg

Bradman123
05-27-2005, 08:25 PM
ya the bolt is tight to where it is pressed in like the factory ball joint perfectly straight but it does the angle in the heim joint part. looks like urs does the same thing. i was just worried that being at an angle like that is close to maxed out. i thought if the wheel were to go up through the suspension travel it may max the joint out puttin unnecessary stress on the joint. but i might not know enough to know what im talking about. thanks for the pic.

-Brad

floodo1
05-28-2005, 12:06 PM
this is why you shoulda bought a tie rod end that has adjustment to shim it up and down :(

the angle of your tie-rod matters VERY much as it will change your bump steer.

still tho i wouldnt worry.

Cthulhu
05-28-2005, 07:01 PM
this is why you shoulda bought a tie rod end that has adjustment to shim it up and down :(

the angle of your tie-rod matters VERY much as it will change your bump steer.

still tho i wouldnt worry.

Yeah I wouldnt worry either, since Kazama ends are adjustable, and that's what he has.