PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure at full boost

the head
05-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Just making sure all of my issues are sorted before I set to work on fine tuning the ECU on the car I have noticed my pressure drops signifigantly at full boost from its 43psi idle setting I just wanted to see if this is correct or if i have another issue my fuel pump is a walboro 255 wired directly from the battery with a relay used for switching with the ignition.

2JZGTE
05-27-2005, 08:51 AM
My fuel pressure always rose 1psi per 1lb of boost. Base fuel was 42psi, and when I was running 15psi, the fuel pressure would be at 57psi.

That is my understanding of how the fuel pressure is suppose to rise with boost. This was on a talon also.

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge on the 240 yet, but would really like an electronic one that I can monitor inside the car while I boost.

billy

the head
05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
currently at stock boost and when i hit 8ish psi my fuel pressure is at about 22psi I am beginning to think i have a bad pump which sucks cuz it is almost brand new

Yoshi
05-27-2005, 12:41 PM
My fuel pressure always rose 1psi per 1lb of boost. Base fuel was 42psi, and when I was running 15psi, the fuel pressure would be at 57psi.

That is my understanding of how the fuel pressure is suppose to rise with boost. This was on a talon also.

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge on the 240 yet, but would really like an electronic one that I can monitor inside the car while I boost.

billy

exactly right.
+1psi fuel : +1psi boost

WeldingHank
05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
your fuel pump has crapped out on you. or your FPR has. try the FPR first, get a nismo and go from there. a new pump and a FPR are the same price.

uno
05-27-2005, 01:26 PM
yep might as well go ahead and get new pump and fpr. pressure should rise at 1:1 with boost just like posted above.

the head
05-27-2005, 03:56 PM
the thing that blows is both the FPR and pump are new FPR is tomei and the walboro pump I am guessing pump since the FPR is new and the walboro pumps have a higher failure rate than FPRs do