PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Problem Please Help

RyanA96
05-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Well I fixed the (can't rev past 2500 problem) but now my car stalls after about 5secs of starting it. I have an open BOV so I tried changing the Dec-Air settings on my SAFC but nothing happened. I also tried tightening and loosening that bolt on the BOV but that did nothing as well.
Any ideas???

Also i need to get a P/S pressure line(just the right side one) and i went to autozone and the guy said it would be like 75 Bucks just for that one line. Is this price really what one is???? And where can I find the cheapest one??

Thanks

!Zar!
05-26-2005, 11:55 PM
And one day, god created the search button! Give me $200 and I'll give you the answer...

RyanA96
05-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Wow good thing I did search, dick. Can someone be nice enough to answer my questions not like this moron who goes around lookin for posts to say "OMG SEARCH@!@!!!!!@!"

Thanks

!Zar!
05-27-2005, 04:05 AM
Does the engine stay on when you give it some gas or does it turn off no matter what? Does it seem like its running rich or lean when it starts to die? pull valve cover and check that chain is lined up right. unplug maf and o2 sensors and see if it will stay running. try spraying carb cleaner in a vac hose when its dying to see if that will keep it running. check plugs. check fuel pressure. Also could be a MAFS or MAFS wiring issue. Check for continuity through the wires, shielding on the signal wire is good, and that the plugs are down tight. If those don't do it, then change the MAFS and see what happens.
And as for the ps... http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php?catalog=31&partnum=1092098&a=FR31-1092098
Try that, it should get you headed in the right direction.

the head
05-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Well I fixed the (can't rev past 2500 problem) but now my car stalls after about 5secs of starting it. I have an open BOV so I tried changing the Dec-Air settings on my SAFC but nothing happened. I also tried tightening and loosening that bolt on the BOV but that did nothing as well.
Any ideas???

Also i need to get a P/S pressure line(just the right side one) and i went to autozone and the guy said it would be like 75 Bucks just for that one line. Is this price really what one is???? And where can I find the cheapest one??

Thanks
cheapest pressure line is from the junkyard

to fix the idle issue recirc your BOV

RyanA96
05-27-2005, 01:44 PM
K thanks ZAR, see I knew u had it in you, lol. Um......Yea it will stay running if i give it gas. I dont really think its a MAF problem, it might be the SAFC because of the dec-air settting or the sensor setting. I have it on 6in 6out and im pretty sure thats right. When I start messing with the Dec-air, its seems no matter what i change on it nothing is different. Well im gonna go check over everything but im still confused.

Thanks