PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Instructions...

ICKY
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I got my Tanabe Sustec PRO S-0C Type II coilovers today, opened up the box to find the instructions are in japanese. Anyone know where I could find some? Or maybe a link to an install guide. Thanks in advance.

Yoshi
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
all coilovers are pretty straight forward bolt-ons, just make sure your adjustment knobbies are facing the best way for u to get to them :)

People could prolly help better if u noted whether you're S13 or S14 :o

ICKY
05-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, sorry bout that. It's for an S14. It's just theres a few more bolts/pieces that im unfamiliar with. I've never put together coilovers before. Only Shocks/Springs and I don't remember so many pieces.

JVD
05-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Step 1: Jack up car and unbolt old suspension.
Step 2: Bolt new suspension up and adjust to liking.

Translated with babelfish so it might not be easy to understand.

You're welcome.
JVD.

drew935
05-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Icky, are the coilovers assembled or do you have to assemble them? hehee, if you do... (sorry) but there should be instructions for putting them togther if that is what you are referring to. The installation on the car is pretty much straight forward.

ICKY
05-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, I know how to put them on fully assembled. The problem was they weren't pre-assembled, but I winged it and guessed what the parts were. They look, logically in the right place. We'll find out when I put them on the car. LoL.

SochBAT
05-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Eyeball it. Do you really need instructions for that install?
Take off your stock one, remember how things went, reverse the steps you did to install your new ones.

drew935
05-25-2005, 10:55 AM
well what Icky was saying was that the Tanabe coilovers were not preassembled like some other brands. I had to also assemble a set for an RSX. To my dismay, I thought that they all come preassembled, but not the Tanabe brand. Make sure that you put it together correctly. If you don't, you'll sure find out after driving it. Just from my experience...lol :D

ICKY
05-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah, your right drew. I too was thinking "I'll find out when they're on". LoL. I have them assembled and prolly put them on next weekend along with the 2-way diff and headers.

vinhisbored
05-26-2005, 12:24 AM
hm.. if any of your friends have coilovers, you should just compare them.. they're basically the same setup. if you could include pictures, it'd help us, to help you.

ICKY
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I know how to put in Coilovers. The thing was that the coilovers weren't pre-assembled and they had no instructions on how to put them together. I pretty much winged it and put it together looking at the japanese instructions and pictures of the fully assembled coilovers on the net. The coilovers are now assembled (hopefully the right way). I'm just waiting for the time to go to a chassis lift and put them on with my LSD and Headers.

vinhisbored
05-26-2005, 09:06 PM
so they're on your car.. and working?