PDA

View Full Version : S13 Rear overfender installation (need pictures)

Sean1978
05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Has anyone who is using rear overfenders on an S13 taken any pictures of what exactly they did to the fenderwells before they put the fenders on? I'm thinking I'm just going to have the outer portion of the body cut even with the top part of the fenderwell and then weld a peice of metal to connect them.

Another question, what's the name of the foam product that people generally use to fill between overfenders and the body of the car

any help on this topic would be appreciated.

and yes, I searched before I posted.

the head
05-23-2005, 10:24 AM
cut above the pinch weld then hammer out the fender then the wheel well rivit or weld back together seal with liquid nails or some other all weather sealant no need for foam in the wells just more to fix if the car gets damages most overfenders are structurally sound as is no need to fill them with something

Sean1978
05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
I think I understand what you are saying but a picture would really help.

Pank
05-23-2005, 11:11 AM
if you're dead set on using foam, try a bottle of "Great Stuff". its expanding foam,and its fairly stiff

SilviaDriver
05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
http://240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56269&page=1&pp=25

sign up to view, im too lazy to copy and paste stuff. plus im not your mom to do it for ya

yes i know its 240sxforums, but watever. pretty much the same shit the body shop did to my car