PDA

View Full Version : Rb25det Broken!!! Help!

PANGES
05-22-2005, 02:05 AM
Here's the deal.. I have an R34 RB25DET, everything's ready to drop in... we brought it to Evolution Motorsports today (great guys by the way).. and something came up that I completely overlooked for some reason... What's this piece in front of the engine and anyone have an extra or know where to get one?!?? I was told by Evolution that i should replace it... Also... the radiator might be too messed up to use and the SMIC might be too messed to use also!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The SMIC actually looked ok to me but they said it might not work... *sigh* :( Guess what ELSE happened? Once we got there, when we were unloading the clip... we realized something: THERE'S NO ECU IN THE CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i'm furious and I call up the shop I got the clip from and he just said "I know dont if I have it but I'll look on Monday" Which i KNOW he wont do so i'm going to have to go down there and bug him till i get my ecu and then mail it to the other shop (can't bring it down there because it's 1 and 1/2 hours drive away!!) :crazyrant And where the hell do I get another skyline radiator? I highly doubt the shop is gonna replace any of the parts because that guy is a complete asshole

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/panges/broken.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/panges/smic.jpg

NZO
05-22-2005, 02:47 AM
I hate to say it but if you cant answer questions like these on your own you probably shouldnt attempt a swap like this. Good luck though.

speeddreamz
05-22-2005, 03:56 AM
I can sell you an RB25DET side mount intercooler and RB25 Radiator for sale if ya want it, PM/IM/Email/Call me if you need it. My contact info is below in my sig.

Other thing about the ECU, the NEO 6 Rb25det from the rb34 need a specific ECU, the NEO specific ones...that one I cannot help you with. They are not compatible with Series 1/2 RB25det from the R33. The Neo 6 uses different internals , its like a whole new motor. A damn good motor but yeah. Im wondering how you're managing with the pull/push type clutch...really i'd like to know ifyou just kept the stock clutch or went with a japanese clutch for the pull clutch as opposed to a NA z32 push, but a lot of people don't want to do the conversion.

speeddreamz
05-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Oh btw, the SMIC doesn't look dented, but it could be.

And that "thing" on the side of your motor, its the Crank Angle Sensor. I don't know if its specific for the RB25det Neo 6, but Im assuming it is because of the different cams and other internals and what not. Kick the shop you bought it from in the pants, demand shit.

kingsol
05-22-2005, 02:15 PM
what shop did you get the clip from?

PANGES
05-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I can sell you an RB25DET side mount intercooler and RB25 Radiator for sale if ya want it, PM/IM/Email/Call me if you need it. My contact info is below in my sig.

Other thing about the ECU, the NEO 6 Rb25det from the rb34 need a specific ECU, the NEO specific ones...that one I cannot help you with. They are not compatible with Series 1/2 RB25det from the R33. The Neo 6 uses different internals , its like a whole new motor. A damn good motor but yeah. Im wondering how you're managing with the pull/push type clutch...really i'd like to know ifyou just kept the stock clutch or went with a japanese clutch for the pull clutch as opposed to a NA z32 push, but a lot of people don't want to do the conversion.

well as for the clutch, exedy sells a clutch for my car. Yeah, the cam angle sensor is specific for the neo6 engine :( I'm going to need the radiator for sure if the shop I got it from wont replace it... I'm going to ask him to replace the smic and CAS as well... :smash:

PANGES
05-22-2005, 10:44 PM
what shop did you get the clip from?

Acutech Autos in South San Francisco... sigh.. i hope he will replace the parts and has the ecu, if not, i'm screwed.

95zilvia
05-22-2005, 11:16 PM
cam angle sensor. as for the radiator, just custom that shit :) i'm sure you're not using the radiator in a skyline are you, probably an S-chassis, so just custom it anyways, oh actually, i think they sell skyline radiators on ebay.

SxMachine
05-23-2005, 04:39 AM
Damn dude u ain't check that thing out before u bought it. I can see if u were a few states away but seems like ya'll r in the same state. The intercooler seems fine tho. You could always relocate the smic to the front. Just a matter of a little fabbing thats all. Start searching see if there are other ecu that r compatible with the neo 6. Maybe u can remap a rb25 ecu. Then again the neo has vvl. I'm just guessing tho. Did u at least get a complete wire harness? Good luck!

mixedwell
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
really you should bug the hell out of that guy you got that motor from. As for everything else....

- grab a new radiator like a koyo.
- If the motor starts the CAS will be fine. oh wait you have no ECU. Looks like the cap needs to be replaced tho.
- GET YOUR ECU FROM THAT SELER

-;)

PANGES
05-24-2005, 07:08 PM
got the ecu today and I'm using an sr20 sidemount for now... Hopefully someone bill buy my KA24DE and my VIS CF hood so i can afford the FMIC

Ritz S14
05-24-2005, 07:13 PM
How much for the hood :)

PANGES
05-24-2005, 07:27 PM
somewhere around 400.. it already has sparco hood pins on it though and the holes on the hinges and stuff are drilled bigger already so it fits perfect on an 89-94 240... only had it for a few months. Good condition. Really it just depends how how much I can get for the KA24DE... I only need enough to buy a FMIC and get piping made.