PDA

View Full Version : ka24 crank into a sr?

llteddy4playll
05-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I remember someone that said you can put a ka24 crank into the sr and make it a sr22 for alot cheaper then hks and others??? Just need custom rods made or something like that.

getsideways77
05-23-2005, 03:09 PM
the crankshaft bearing journals are differant sizes you would have to get the mains on the block and main caps machined to hold the ka24 main bearings or get the the ka24 crankshaft machined to fit in the stock sr block you should try getting the exact measurements i used to have them on my old computer but try searching around for them and i think the the front of the crank shaft is larger which means you couldnt use the main seal because of the size differant but if you had the cranks machined down then it could very well be done though the whole fmu and timing would have to be changed could cost alot but i dont know if it would be a cost effective alternative to the hks or tomei stroker kits

knightrider
05-24-2005, 02:05 AM
not to mention the whole thing about getting a new flywheel to fit, cuz the ka is a 6 bolt, the SR is a 8 bolt, and then you gotta find a starter to work, it seems you would spend about just as much getting all this custom stuff done, when you could have just got a kit in the first place,

the head
05-24-2005, 08:36 AM
the flywheel problem doesnt seem like an issue just use the KA flywheel and starter or call fidenza and ask if they can custom drill you an SR FW with a KA bolt pattern then you can use a stock starter either way not to difficult

racer98
05-24-2005, 12:25 PM
I remember someone that said you can put a ka24 crank into the sr and make it a sr22 for alot cheaper then hks and others??? Just need custom rods made or something like that.

if your lucky too find one there is a P10 or P11 Primera (G20) that is diesel and its a 2.0ltr diesel motor. that is the one you want too get too make a 2.2 ltr set up, I think they are manily found in Europe.