PDA

View Full Version : Clock Question..

gorgasm
05-19-2005, 12:53 AM
My car had a dead battery recently, and during the time the battery was low while trying to jump it i noticed the little clock in the tach was fading out.... now after replacing the battery the clock is totally gone... the backlight lights up but there are no #s... is there anyway to fix it or is my poor little clock done for :-/

420sx
05-19-2005, 01:17 AM
i think its done for. why the hell u want it anyway? its a distraction

jdm538
05-19-2005, 01:22 AM
i love the clock makes me not have to look at my phone cuz i dont wear a watch..

Blues13
05-19-2005, 03:33 AM
Don't know if it's dead or not, but you could always get another cluster and wind the ODO back/forward to match. Or better yet, just get a stereo with a clock on it.. problem solved.

projectRDM
05-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Or fine someone who has just the clock for sale. Like me. $20 shipped.

o5i2
05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
you try banging the dash a couple times? the numbers on my clock were fading in and out and sometimes some of the lines would go missing (like it would show "0" instead of 8"). a quick bang served as a temp fix, and it hasnt happened since. sorry this is not too technical, but tell me if it works...

Yoshi
05-19-2005, 11:36 AM
you try banging the dash a couple times? the numbers on my clock were fading in and out and sometimes some of the lines would go missing (like it would show "0" instead of 8"). a quick bang served as a temp fix, and it hasnt happened since. sorry this is not too technical, but tell me if it works...

I 2nd this idea :)
my first S13 did that, I got pissed cuz I didn't have my phone or a watch at the time (which is rare), I hit the cluster and it popped back on! :) Was just a loose connection, but somehow it was never an issue again. It's worth a shot.

95zilvia
05-19-2005, 05:07 PM
it could also be one of your fuses.
i forgot which one it was...
lower driver side kick panel

there's a bucnh you can check. there's like, the electronics, interior lights, accessories. it was one that was weird. but i think it's the same one as the domelight? double check, cuz my light went out before too, but i fixed it when i was changing out all the fuses.

projectRDM
05-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Same fuse powers the backup on the radio, if it's out then that's the problem.