PDA

View Full Version : Installing hotshot tonight

240sx2soon
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
I am putting in my hotshot header, catco cat and megan exhaust tonight. My question is I have heard alot about the EGR fitting being a pain to reconnect, if this is true should I crimp it closed plug the pipe and go with out? Or should I make the effort to get it reconected? I know there is a good thread out there somewhere on installing the header ( I've seen it ) but if anyone knows the link could you copy it to me, thanks.

95Blue240sx
05-17-2005, 10:24 AM
uhhh what the hell are you talking about. Ive had the 3rd design HS header and it fit perfect. I would damage the egr pipe if i were you. Anyways i say just try it out because ive never had a problem with taking mine on and off.

240sx2soon
05-17-2005, 11:16 AM
If I had a little more time I would post the link to the thread on this site that stated that an installer had to bend the EGR pipe and plug the fitting on the header to make it work. Perhaps I read it wrong but that was my understanding. I'll put up a post tomorrow on how the install went. Going to pick up my sick kid right now, will install later.

95Blue240sx
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
well just from my expirence you have to just wiggle the egr tube around to get it in then just screw it down.

240sx2soon
05-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Got it, and if I ever find the weiner who wrote the instructions for the install I will kill him on site no questions asked. When I get a chance I'll scan the install instructions to my email and post them up. Quite interesting actually :wtf: