PDA

View Full Version : clutch damper delete fitting question (searched already!)

floodo1
05-16-2005, 11:25 AM
aight so im going to be getting a stainless clutch line, so i figure its a good time to delete the clutch damper. however i plan to do it by simply plugging the "surge line" at the t-fitting. does anyone know what threads are on that side of the t-block-fitting?

what im referring to as the t-fitting is the block that the mc feeds into and the slave cylinder is attached to. the 3rd thing (that i plan to remove and plug) is the line that runs back and then forward to the 2nd bleeder block.

if anyone can tell me what threads that is, it would greatly helP! i searched and find no mention and the fsm is no help here either.

the head
05-16-2005, 01:30 PM
wtf? is this s13 or s14 on the 13 you just unhook the brass block and remove it then thread the ss line on to the hardline no fuss no muss easy clean and simple

floodo1
05-16-2005, 01:45 PM
wtf? is this s13 or s14 on the 13 you just unhook the brass block and remove it then thread the ss line on to the hardline no fuss no muss easy clean and simple

s14. i dont want to remove the brass block and bend the hardline down to the softline bracket. i know how to do that (zeroyn or whatever has a good guide).

i want to plug the 3rd hole in the brass block that you are talking about. i need to know the threads for that hole.

this will allow the hardline from the master cylinder and the hardline to the slave cylinder softline to remain stock, but will eliminate the lame 3rd line and 2nd bleeder.

will do the same thing, just in a different way...a way that doest require modifying anything!

projectRDM
05-16-2005, 09:01 PM
If you keep the block you'll have to keep the bleeder in place, there's too much area there and it will trap air.

the head
05-17-2005, 07:49 AM
IIRC the nismo slave cyl clutch line or pivot comes with a plug for the damper it also adds another bleeder to the block. It is still a bitch to bleed though I had that setup on my S13 for a while and finally just got rid of the block no matter what that thing just seems to hold air. if you went the other way it could have been done by now

floodo1
05-17-2005, 04:54 PM
hmm interesting information. seemed like it would be a good idea to just plug the block and not have to ben d any lines or anything. hmmm.

the head
05-18-2005, 08:08 AM
I didn't think it worked out well my plug even had a second bleeder on it still had air trapped in it you can bend the hardline with your hands its pretty simple and you dont even have to bend it that far.

floodo1
05-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I didn't think it worked out well my plug even had a second bleeder on it still had air trapped in it you can bend the hardline with your hands its pretty simple and you dont even have to bend it that far.

well thanks for the advice, i WILL just bend it then!