PDA

View Full Version : White smoke on startup?

xka24detx
05-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Okay ive already tried searching and couldnt find anything.
Ever since i bought the 240 it never had white smoke come out of the exhaust except when i ran seafoam through which was like 2 weeks ago. After that it never smoked ever. But all of a sudden this morning i start her up and i look in my rear view mirror and see a big white cloud of smoke... so i let it idle for a while to see what happens the the smoke slowly faded away. This is the first time it has happened. I turned off the engine to see if it did it on startup, but it didnt do it again, i guess im going to try again when it is cold again to see what happens. I read that white smoke could be coolant burning? Also heard that it might be a bad gasket? My friend told me to do a compression and leak down test. Anything else i should do and/or look for?

wootwoot
05-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey man, chill. I wouldnt even do the leak down compression or any of that until you do something else. Go behind your car and smell the smoke. I bet its just water condensation from water building up in your exhaust over night. If it smells pretty sweet then it could be coolant. No biggie dude, smoke some weed and chill.