PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these locks?

xka24detx
05-12-2005, 12:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974062924&category=33648&sspagename=WDVW

Im thinking about getting them. When i got my 240, the key only works on the ignition, not the doors. I have to use the alarm remote to unlock and lock the doors from the outside. I dont even think the door locks are even stock because i have the base model but for some reason i have power locks but manual windows and no door lock switch inside. So i think the last owner put actuators for the door locks. I called nissan up and they said $262 for all new locks doors, hatch, and ignition. Like im going pay that much for some damn locks. So i was thinking just getting those apc locks for the doors and hatch and just deal with having 2 keys. Yeah i know i dont really need them, but just in case the battery in the remote dies or something, i thought it would be best to have a key for the outside just in case, if you get what im saying. Unless does somebody know where i can get cheaper locks or a full set for under $50?
Thanks

nismo2491
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I think they are kinda gay. and there is no door lock switch inside the car, its built into the lock.

xka24detx
05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
but i was looking at base model specs... it didnt come with door lock.. ive never seen a car with power locks and just manual windows?

Yoshi
05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974062924&category=33648&sspagename=WDVW

Im thinking about getting them. When i got my 240, the key only works on the ignition, not the doors. I have to use the alarm remote to unlock and lock the doors from the outside. I dont even think the door locks are even stock because i have the base model but for some reason i have power locks but manual windows and no door lock switch inside. So i think the last owner put actuators for the door locks. I called nissan up and they said $262 for all new locks doors, hatch, and ignition. Like im going pay that much for some damn locks. So i was thinking just getting those apc locks for the doors and hatch and just deal with having 2 keys. Yeah i know i dont really need them, but just in case the battery in the remote dies or something, i thought it would be best to have a key for the outside just in case, if you get what im saying. Unless does somebody know where i can get cheaper locks or a full set for under $50?
Thanks

Wow. It's really funny, those are the same style tumblers that they use for laptop locks. You can pick them with most bic pens, quality.

Okay man. These are APC. Strike one against them. They're some kind of universal kit, which means that fitment will prolly be sketchy at best, Strike 2. They're ugly too, that's like 1/2 a strike tho ;)

If you want something that will be reliable (u know that worry u have about your remote dying? I wouldn't feel any more confident with these.... prolly less actually), stick with OEM. Personally, to me it's worth the piece of mind, having quality locks, plus whatever other security measures :)

if u don't wanna replace EVERYTHING, just get the door locks, much cheaper, you'll have 2 keys, but so what? In fact, if u want to later, u can get the kouki tails which come with a new lock assembly for your hatch :)

my $0.02

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-12-2005, 07:48 PM
if you want some kinda lock like that...solex makes locks that are good quality... alot of people w/ 86s have it...

SochBAT
05-12-2005, 11:32 PM
SOLEX all the way. But i don't know.. maybe if you like finding things missing from your car, you could. be cool and wireup an electrode to your door handle. Simple click of a button disables the electric current passing thru, and allowing access for you into the car. Crooks love a nice jolt every now and then.

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-13-2005, 01:18 PM
haha hey sochbat do u know if solex would fit on our cars?

SochBAT
05-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Yea, they'll fit on our cars. My dad put it on my old S13 cuz he found out i was "dirt racing" with it. Now i can't take his car out, so i gotta take mines. =(

nissanpwrds14
05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I repo cars, and i can break into any 240 in under 10 seconds. Hell, most cars only take around 20-30 seconds. Its extremely easy on any car without the door framing that goes around the window. Door locks period, are worthless.

All's you use is a wedge and then a small rod that has proper bends in it. If you want any type of security than i would suggest a LOUD ASS alarm!

mjjstang
05-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I broke into my mustang once, with a coat hanger

Logan
05-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I repo cars, and i can break into any 240 in under 10 seconds. Hell, most cars only take around 20-30 seconds.

^ not like it wasn't common knowledge, but i'd suggest deleting your post above.

nissanpwrds14
05-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Why, just letting those who don't know just how easy it is to enter someones car.

IAM_SO_sLOw
05-15-2005, 10:25 PM
haha i broke into my own car once w/ a hanger took me like 2mins... haha my first time =P