PDA

View Full Version : Window Amp or Motor...Power Window problem.

Jimmyg41
05-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I've read a couple of other threads on this so I'm posting this just to verify what the problem is. The window is stuck and it's not moving. For a couple of days it would go up half way and make a horrible noise. It would never make the noise going down though. Anyways, yesterday it just got stuck and wouldn't move anywhere. This is the driver's side window btw. When I press the button all I hear is a clicking noise. How would I find out if it's the amp or the motor? Any opinions or guesses on which one it is?

projectRDM
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Clicking sound is the amp trying to move the motor, so it's good. I wokred on one last week where the motor cover broke off and actually spit out it's guts, so there's no telling what it could be in relation to the motor. Pull it out and look at it.

Jimmyg41
05-11-2005, 11:36 PM
I talked to a friend of mine and I desribed the problem and he said he had the same exact thing on his 95 happen and it was the amp. Is there a way to make sure it's the amp?

s13silady
05-12-2005, 01:45 AM
plug in your friends amp...

Jimmyg41
05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I would but he lives in Phoenix. I'm going to the junkyard on saturday and see if I find anything.

DocTaDrifT
05-12-2005, 01:20 PM
yea i had the same problem its the amp mine clicked too