PDA

View Full Version : GT25R installation HELP PLEASE!!

Vash
05-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I just recently purchased this gt25R for my s13 sr20det redtop off a seller on the forums. Have a few questions regarding installation *and yes i have searched but no luck*. Maybe someone has experience with installation of this turbo, that knowledge I would greatly appreciate if you share it with me.
Some more info, this is the very turbo I just bought:
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55914

Question 1:First, I have the Taka stainless turbo lines currently on my SR with stock t25 turbo. Will these lines fit the gt25R turbo of which i have just purchased??

Question 2: The compressor inlet and outlet is different. For the inlet, will my stock intake pipe fit the inlet of this turbo? Also, What kind *size/bend angle* of a silicion connector do I need to hook up possibly the stock hotpipe?? If anyone done these mods already please help!

Question 3: What about the oil return hose? Will that fit like stock t25? Or do I have to mod something?

Question 4: what hp gains could I expect?

I would like to thank you for looking at my thread. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

AenjukuCar
05-10-2005, 06:00 AM
the taka lines should bolt right up without any problems, your horsepower gains depending on what your looking for, that turbo is good till like 360whp. Now those turbo's should bolt right up to the stock intake manifold, this turbo is very similar to what i will be getting, i'm purchasing the gt28r turbo off of a friend, i think that's what he has, i'll have to check but i know that one is good to 420whp.

SequenceGarage
05-10-2005, 06:43 AM
The taka lines will be no problem.

The drain line should be pretty close but you may need a new hose.

HP gains are entirely dependant on supporting mods. The stock turbo has enough potential to cause other aspects of the engine to run out, restricting it from making anymore power. Upgrade your injectors and mafs add on an S-AFC II for some mild tuning, and like Aenjukucar said you could have close to 360rwhp.

Vash
05-10-2005, 10:27 AM
My supporting fuel mods are stock injects with the walbro.. Wasnt looking to boost over 10psi.
As for my other supporting mods, I have FMIC, full exhaust, avcr, and an intake..

As far as the inlet and outlet of the compressor, how would I go about to get that to work with my hot pipe? Or if i am mistaken, it shoud go right on?
Thanks guys for your help, I'm trying to get as much info as I can to get as little downtime as possible.
Also, what kind of fasteners (grade/type) should I use for the manifold to turbo? I hate it when the 4 bolt gasket blows...
Again thank you!

s156spd
05-10-2005, 01:11 PM
My supporting fuel mods are stock injects with the walbro.. Wasnt looking to boost over 10psi.
As for my other supporting mods, I have FMIC, full exhaust, avcr, and an intake..

As far as the inlet and outlet of the compressor, how would I go about to get that to work with my hot pipe? Or if i am mistaken, it shoud go right on?
Thanks guys for your help, I'm trying to get as much info as I can to get as little downtime as possible.
Also, what kind of fasteners (grade/type) should I use for the manifold to turbo? I hate it when the 4 bolt gasket blows...
Again thank you!

i got a 3 inch to 4 inch 45 degree elbow from i think it was turbohoses.com and i hade a custom pipe made fit the filter and what not.

240KAT
05-10-2005, 02:08 PM
my friend has one on his s13, he said he had to trim the motormount slightly. Hence, he refered me to the gt2871r

Vash
05-10-2005, 03:42 PM
i dont think this is the larger gt25r. this one is 54.3 wheel diameter 60trim .80 ar. Don't think it has a 4 inch inlet. the outlet is even smaller than the inlet so perhaps stock pipping will fit?? Sorry I dont actually have the turbo with me, it should be on its way later this week. I'm planning ahead.