PDA

View Full Version : no revs past 3K

20vturbo
05-09-2005, 09:59 PM
the engine codes are O2 sensor, misfire, and knock sensor. the car seems to run fine until this morning when my car started acting weird at the red lights; when I would start of it was VERY slow and wouldn't rev past 3K RPM's, even when I take it out of gear in neutral and rev it it still wont go past 3K. I limped it to work and after work on the way home it seemed to be fine again?? I was told it could be the MAF but I really dont know how to check...any ideas or help are greatly appreciated.

FLiPsTa
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a few of times.
The first time it was a loose vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator. The second was a combination of the fuel pump coughing it's last and dirty spark plugs.
Another time my fuel filter was clogged.
Not an expert or anything, just offering up my experiences. (my car's cursed so I've been having fun just getting everything stable... ::sigh::).

Mark Slide Squad
05-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Most likely it is your MAFS. Sounds like a bad contact, take the plug off, and spray the connectors out with electrical contact cleaner, and make sure the connectors are making contact with the pins on the mafs, some times they are loose and don't make a solid contact.

Maeda
05-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Most likely it is your MAFS. Sounds like a bad contact, take the plug off, and spray the connectors out with electrical contact cleaner, and make sure the connectors are making contact with the pins on the mafs, some times they are loose and don't make a solid contact.

You have a zilvia account?

o.O

zero.counter
05-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Check what mode your ECM is running in.

20vturbo
05-10-2005, 04:57 AM
how would I check the code my engine is running in? and I will pull the plug tonight when I get off work