PDA

View Full Version : NEED EXPERIENCED TRANSMISSION HELP!Pics inside

s13dan
05-09-2005, 09:44 PM
OK i got my tranny apart and found out why my 3rd 4th and reverse where jacked up i broke a "gear retainer" i dunno what its called, i need to know its highlighter in red in the first pic. anyone know? and i dunno if i can get that part from nissan and i grounded part of a gear to and was wondering if anyone knew if i could still use that gear or would it give me troubles? Does anyone know the name of the part highlighted and does any one know if i can get those single parts from nissan.

NemeGuero
05-09-2005, 10:09 PM
the FSM should have that info.. or most of it
search on here and you can find them available for download on an older thread
and then just call the dealer and ask if they sell the part seperately

projectRDM
05-10-2005, 01:16 AM
You can buy every single internal part of the transmission individually. They'll have a blow up when you go into the dealer, just point to what you need and give them money. It's really that easy.

kandyflip445
05-10-2005, 03:06 AM
5th-Reverse Shift Fork.

pr240sx
05-10-2005, 06:47 AM
I have spares, let me know what you want.
forks, gears etc.
As of bearings, there is a guy on Ebay that sell them as a kit for 70 bucks or something
Also he sells the syncro gears.
transmission exchange or something like that.

Now, if you are only to remove/replace the forks, no problem, just a hammer, one bolt/spring ball and the fork/shaft is out
If you plan to change gears, not counting reverse, you should have a FSM with you. Reverse is on a separate shaft and it is quite easy to change.

kandyflip445
05-10-2005, 09:06 AM
The gear for reverse on the separate shaft is the idler gear.

s13dan
05-10-2005, 08:45 PM
tranny is ion perfect condition except for the gear and that one shift fork... but ill go to nissan and see whats up thanx guys