PDA

View Full Version : starter

hmooblis
05-08-2005, 02:43 AM
will a starter from a ka24de(91-94) work on a sohc motor?

holisticbeatz
07-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Better late than never. Nope.. they're not the same.

According to the Nissan dealership, KA24E starters are different than the KA24DE. I had them check and they came up with two different part numbers.

I actually have a better question. I'm wondering if the S13 91-94 KA24DE starters are the same as the S14 95-97 KA24DE.

idlafie
07-07-2005, 03:09 AM
I actually have a better question. I'm wondering if the S13 91-94 KA24DE starters are the same as the S14 95-97 KA24DE.

Yep....according to the Nissan North America Wholesale Parts Quick Reference Catalog they're the same....Part No. 23300-53F11R

Hope this answers your question.

ID
95 S14

m0rex
07-07-2005, 04:19 AM
Mmm.. do part numbers really matter. What if they are the same or just need one wire switched around on any part. Dont have any examples to make out of this but is there something that dosent show up as a part number for different year or different cars that fits lets say a z32 fuel filter on a s14 nah bad example how about a rear upper control arm?

240Driver39
07-07-2005, 03:46 PM
i have a 91, i currently have a starter on it from an 89, and before that i had a starter from an s14 on it....so yeah, they all work just fine.

Stock-S13
07-07-2005, 04:28 PM
All wrong, same deal. Except one is heavier than the other and has a clip rather than a zip tie deal. They all interchanger, some say they won't but I ask how many haev actually got under there and did it?

I have a Zenki S14 Starter on my KAE, a little persistance, and tons of cuts and bruises on my arms and hands and it went on.

According to the Nissan dealership, KA24E starters are different than the KA24DE. I had them check and they came up with two different part numbers.

240Driver39
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
All wrong, same deal. Except one is heavier than the other and has a clip rather than a zip tie deal. They all interchanger, some say they won't but I ask how many haev actually got under there and did it?

which is why i said i had a sohc and a s14 dohc starter on my 91 and that they work.... :eek3d:

-usmd-180sx
07-18-2005, 09:47 PM
i heard somewhere that you can swap a SR starter for a KA starter by swapping the housing and using the Ka starter with the SR housing. What you guys think, will it work?

Indolent
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
my friend currently has starting problems, so we thought it was a starter, i had a 91 motor laying around and used that starter on his 89 sohc, and it works/starts his car up

Mervyn
07-18-2005, 11:29 PM
i dont think they will work.. sohc and dohc are very different

Indolent
07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
it worked for my friend lol

Phlip
07-18-2005, 11:44 PM

Wrong

Yep....according to the Nissan North America Wholesale Parts Quick Reference Catalog they're the same....Part No. 23300-53F11R

Hope this answers your question.

ID
95 S14
that is correct, sir

Mmm.. do part numbers really matter. What if they are the same or just need one wire switched around on any part. Dont have any examples to make out of this but is there something that dosent show up as a part number for different year or different cars that fits lets say a z32 fuel filter on a s14 nah bad example how about a rear upper control arm?
Yes, part numbers matter, ANY difference in part number will signify, if only a miniscule one, a difference in the part.

i dont think they will work.. sohc and dohc are very different
Wrong

damn, it feels almost as if I answered this very question like last year sometime.
... wait, I DID:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=65858

-usmd-180sx
07-19-2005, 02:34 AM
what about my question?

:rant2:

Quote : -usmd-180sx

i heard somewhere that you can swap a SR starter for a KA starter by swapping the housing and using the Ka starter with the SR housing. What you guys think, will it work?

If this has been covered somewhere be4, I do apologize in advance. And I am assuming that you didnt answer my question cause you dont know?

idlafie
07-19-2005, 02:57 AM
what about my question?

If this has been covered somewhere be4, I do apologize in advance. And I am assuming that you didnt answer my question cause you dont know?

:wtf: your question wasn't part of the original thread. Your question is totally different...

In order to answer your question, you have two options.....
1). Start a NEW thread.....no thread jacking alllowed!!!! :Owned: :cry:
OR
2). You can try it yourself by tearing apart a good KA starter & installing it in a bad SR starter housing. Seems like a total waste of time though. I'ld understand if you had a SR motor but no SR starter...but installing a SR housing on a KA motor?? :faint:

ID

Phlip
07-19-2005, 09:39 AM
what about my question?

Actually, I ignored your question because it was unrelated to the original thread, added to the fact that I do not, have never had, nor will I ever have, an SR, so the answer doesn't matter to me.

crioten
07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
there is a difference in fitment of automatic starters and manual starters........

but you can still make them work

as long as the flywheel has the same amount of teeth as the starter is geared for, and the fact that it can bolt up... there is no reason why it shouldnt work