PDA

View Full Version : Well my 300zx brake upgrade didn't go so well...

Jimmyg41
05-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Well I read all the threads prior to installing my brakes on my s14. I read somewhere that both bleeder screws are supposed to be on top once the caliper is installed. So I look at the calipers and notice that the bleeder screw is on the same side on both of the calipers! Is that normal or do I have two passenger side calipers?

Anyways I install them and me and my dad bleed the brakes like a million times in the correct order. The pedal is super mushy. I drive down the street and peg the pedal to the floor and it takes the car a couple of seconds to come to a complete stop from like 15mph :( I have no idea what's wrong, my dad is telling me the MC can't handle it but I know a bunch of people use the stock MC. I have no idea where to go from here...the calipers work, I could see them gripping once my dad pushed the pedal and fluid was going to them. Any ideas...anyone?

turtl631
05-08-2005, 01:16 AM
if the calipers are identical than you have 2 driver side or passenger side calipers. that said, you won't be able to properly bleed the system if one is upside down...sounds like you have air in the lines somewhere.

DoriftoSlut
05-08-2005, 02:38 AM
dood seriously
just bleed the second caliper upside down
the take it off flip it over and both are bled fine
you just have to do it that way each time

its easy.

thn again i didnt fuck up by buying 2 of the same calipers

Ritz S14
05-08-2005, 03:01 AM
dood seriously
just bleed the second caliper upside down
the take it off flip it over and both are bled fine
you just have to do it that way each time

its easy.

thn again i didnt fuck up by buying 2 of the same calipers

I'll elobrate for ya :)

The caliper with the bleeder valve facing the ground. Remove the caliper, and flip it upside down, and place the caliper on the rotor. Hold it, and bleed it. Test drive.. :)

chlatboy
05-08-2005, 04:00 AM
DO they both read nissan correctly?

slivia-junkie
05-09-2005, 11:39 PM
the peadle being that mushy is not normal even with the smaler 240 mc i still have it and the z32 30mm calipers and mine work fine rebleed and if you have 2 pasanger calipers get a new one

wutangben
05-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I would try to bleed it upsidedown first like stated above before buying a new one. you definitely have two of the same ones though... (and it won't bleed properly if the bleeder screw is at the bottom)

ZK
05-10-2005, 03:33 PM
A lot of the others said the same but sounds like air in your system,

infinitexsound
05-10-2005, 03:37 PM
open all 4 bleeders... and keep dumping brake fluid till all the air is out............. then tighten ...< it isnt that hard...

ghostuss
05-10-2005, 03:45 PM
If your MC ran dry before then you need to bleed the MC, too. Also don't mix brake fluids. If you did just flush the system with new fluids. Bleed the MC and brakes, then you good to go.