PDA

View Full Version : miss firing?

ibanezxguy
05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I believe my car is missing it used to just do it everynow and then and on the way home it started missed and now thats all its doing. Its an s13 sr. been in the car for a while now with no problems. Im just wondering anybody has an FSM and can tell me how to test parts like ignitor chip and coils. Also if anybody can tell me anything else it might be. the motor is still in factory form. Could coolant temps effect it? gauge reads normal but im not sure if its right. Thanks for any help

JDMs13
05-07-2005, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=ibanezxguy]I believe my car is missing it used to just do it everynow and then and on the way home it started missed and now thats all its doing.

umm...yea, do you see what you wrote there? :duh: Anyway, I think Im having the same problem as you right know. Does it only happen under load, when you get on it real quick? My car started this last week, only in the morning, but know it is starting to become more apparent.

ibanezxguy
05-07-2005, 09:27 PM
yeah im not good with words.

naw it just does it all the time idling, boosting. i checked my coils with one of those sparkplug like things you just set the gap and ground it. All of them fired so im guessing its fuel or timing. so maybe O2 sensor or temp sensor. ill try to check those out

JDMs13
05-08-2005, 08:53 AM
hmmm...yea, I dunno. I dont want to point you any direction because Im really not sure. In my case, Im guessing ignition is the culprit. Good luck, when you fix it, post the problem.

JDMs13
05-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Just got back from mothers day dinner. On the way home, it cut out three or four times when I got on it. Shits starting to become even more apparent. Guess its time to start spinnin wrenches. Anybody else ever experience a similar problem?

ibanezxguy
05-08-2005, 07:13 PM
i had to drive mine to work today and when i cranked it up it wasnt doing it anymore i dont know that the hell it could be. so i guess mine is still an intermitting problem

JDMs13
05-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I dunno how much love we're gonna get here bud....seems like if you dont have over 300 posts....the community for the most part doesnt acknowledge you. :mephfawk: Thanks guys!!