PDA

View Full Version : blew my sr20det!

sr20dets13
05-04-2005, 10:09 AM
jesus this was even shorter than my last engine (1 month)!!!! last night driving my s13 i started hearing a knock that went from nothing big to a really loud knock and grinding sound in about 20 sec... im pretty sure its rod knock, how it happend i dont know, there was oil on the front of my block sooo i guess front main seal went and starved it for oil? but its still registers oil.. no clue, this is f-ckeddd!

so my question... whats the quickest cheapest way to get this thing running again? i also dont know of many machine shops around that deal with sr's mostly old guys that like v8's. anyone know of any around nor cal..

thanks,
clayton

Var
05-04-2005, 11:21 AM
an sr is not special motor. I'm sure any automotive shop can handle it. any import shop is gonna rip you off anyways. Find a reputable builder and let him take a look. Also..if you ran it that long with knocking your crank journals may be fucked already, so you may need a new crankshaft.

sr20dets13
05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
well i ran it for about 30 sec... but no the noise its making im already pretty sure its fucked up... but i have a se-r motor in my back yard that was fine... arnt the fwd and rwd cranks swappable?