PDA

View Full Version : Coolant line - Block to Turbo

z0iid
05-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm an idiot and broke this line (coolant line from the block to the turbo). Don't even ask how.

But anyways, - I need a replacement. Yes I know Earl's can sell me the parts to fabricate a new one, but I am looking for a stock replacement one first (plus, even on Earls website, they don't recommend their plumbing for use near turbo's).

Does anyone happen to have an extra one lying around (or even a stock s13, s14, or s15 turbo WITH all lines attached?).

Or does anyone know who I could contact about purchasing one?

Already called rcrew and venus. They didn't want to help me cause im WHITE. /jk They just didn't have it.

Called another place (won't give a name yet...). The guy says, sure, I can get it for you by monday. I call him on monday - he says, none of the hoses were good - we are going to have to order you new one, might take a month. I say - Hose? you mean hard line, right? He says, no, a rubber hose.

???Rubber hose to a turbo?? And this guy runs a "performance" shop?

Anyhow, he SAYS he knows what I need now, and that he can get it for me by thursday, or friday at the latest.

Anybody think he's full of shit?

(Again, not giving the name.....unless he proves to me that he IS full of shit, not fair to put down a business unless they actually have cheated or lied to you)

Anyhow, early appreciation to anybody able to provide me with this much needed part - this car is my daily/only driver....

cheez80
05-03-2005, 09:33 PM
sir, i'll be pulling the turbo on saturday and replacing with monstor spl turbo lines. if you'd like, i can sell all the hard lines to you, but as i see you're in the bay area, shipping will take a while. please contact me over pm.

S14DB
05-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Isn't it just some 5/8" heater hose?