PDA

View Full Version : Super TECH questions...lol

jononioo
04-30-2005, 11:20 AM
If there is a leak in the gasket between the water pump and the engine block.... will the leak cause white smoke to come out of my exhaust?

Andrew Bohan
04-30-2005, 11:41 AM
no. you have a leak letting water into a combustion chamber. usually it's a blown head gasket.

jononioo
04-30-2005, 12:25 PM
no. you have a leak letting water into a combustion chamber. usually it's a blown head gasket.
well, ive been having trouble with alot of white exhaust smoke coming outa my car espically if my car has been idling for a while (@ a red light). At first i thought my injectors/fuel filter were fucking up. Then i posted about it on zilvia about 2 weeks ago. Everyone here said to check my compression. i checked it and it was 189-193 across all 4 cylinders. Then somone suggested that my valve seals were bad. But i don't think its my valve seal. I think it has somthing to do with coolant b/c my radiator will not stay full. It always leaks out somwhere around the water pump. My car never overheats, but it only take like 1 min to reach operating temp.

....so im thinking about draning my coolant and letting my car idle for a very short amount of time and seeing if i still get any smoke. I just hope this shit dosent warp my head

mjjstang
04-30-2005, 12:47 PM
draining your coolant and then letting it run for a short time wont do much, there will still be some in there, even the smallest bit will give you smoke, of course only if that is your problem, I put a little sea foam in there and it smoked for like half hour, so dont think that will work for you, but as far as why its doing this, I dont know sorry.

S14DB
04-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Like a white cloud out your tail pipe or some trace smoke?

If it's a poofy cloud I would bet it's the HG. It's got a crack that you only get blow-by when the system get's upto pressure. I wouldn't run it without water. It's to easy to warp the head.

If it's grey/white stream of smoke I would say oil. Which is fun to find.

How are your water/oil levels? Wait for the car to cool and check both. If ether are milky, you need a new HG.

jononioo
04-30-2005, 06:35 PM
My water leve is still low (of corse) and my oil level was un godly high!!! ... so i drained it to the proper level and ran my car for about 10 mins. After 10mins i stomped the gas and got white/bluish smoke. But the smoke is not super blue...its about 97%white smoke and about 3%blue smoke.