PDA

View Full Version : Wierd popping noise when starting

i-love-my-s14
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Like the title says. When I start my car some wierd popping noise comes from the exhaust and it only does it right when the car turns over, not while it is starting but right when it starts, and it only pops like 2 or 3 times, and it kinda sounds like a backfire but it doesn't. It just started doing it the other day, and I have had my exhaust and motor for about 10 months. The car still runs fine but I dont know if this is a small problem that can lead to a bigger one downt the road. Thanks for any help.

Rob

drew935
04-28-2005, 03:08 PM
That sounds like a misfire at startup. Backfire will occur only when you let off the accelerator pedal while driving or at a stop. refer to the FSM (http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/view/24/47/) :wiggle:

i-love-my-s14
04-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Ok, well tonite I was messing with it reving it up and sticking my head underneath it, and now it is coming from the resonator. But now it is not doing it 2 or 3 times, it sounds like there are little firecrackers in there. So im guessing that my resonator went bad? Anybody else think it might be something else.

Its an HKS Hi-power exhaust.