PDA

View Full Version : Car not starting anymore... what could it be?

[GoaTSLonG]
04-27-2005, 05:47 PM
So my s13 with redtop sr20 doesn't start anymore... heres the story... This is the 2nd car I had the motor in, 1st car blew the headgasket, had a trusted shop change it. Swapped it into new chassis, ran fine after that except ran VERY rich because it wasnt tuned for 550's so I rarely drove it. The car then sat for a month until I got a enthalpy tuned ecu. The day I put the ECU in it started up and ran fine, but i didnt get to drive it since i was in the middle of a q45 brake upgrade. I got a beater car, and was busy and the car sat for another couple weeks, in that time the battery died from the stupid factory alarm. I ripped all that junk out and jumped the car and now when I try to start it it just cranks forever and doesnt start.

The car has spark, the ignitor chip is fine. All the fuses are fine. Checked the injectors and they pulse. There is fuel in the rail. The spark plugs dont smell like gas at all. Compression is decent 150 across the cylinders. I just cant seem to figure this out and i'm totally out of ideas.

The car has-
hks cams step2
greddy valve springs
apexi headgasket stock thickness
gt2871r .64
#24 topfeed injectors on custom rail
z32 mafs
walbro pump
enthalpy tuned ecu for cams/turbo/z32maf/injectors

and a bunch of other stuff that isnt relavent to my problem

if you guys have ANY ideas please post them i'm willing to try anything!

[GoaTSLonG]
04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
bump!!!!!!!!!

tryiian
04-27-2005, 11:14 PM
']bump!!!!!!!!!

could it have been something to do with the alarm?
some do have the capabilty to stop the car from starting...

[GoaTSLonG]
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
i was thinking the same thing, i ripped the whole alarm box out though

khoadogg
04-30-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm havin' the same prob.

juanishio
12-27-2007, 09:29 PM
did you ever fix the problem

deesz
12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
you do have second starter wire. it probably goes to the alarm what you probably need to do is to jump the stater wire at the harness where the alarm was pluged into. when you took out the alarm you left an open circuit.