PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure woes =\

Zushi
04-21-2005, 08:00 PM
OK so after i installed the sr I primed the motor so the oil light would go off. the light never came off but it would flicker on and off. I drove the car for bout 5 miles, ended up snapping my timing chain,crank gear,put a big hole in the oil pump, snapped intake camshaft, snapped off the crank gear oil jet, and ruined my whole head. Today i finished installed ALL new parts with my other spare sr head. I primed the motor, oil light came off! Car idles fine, i drove it around for a bit, felt pretty good but after 2 miles of driving my oil light came on and start flickering...wtf!?! I didn't want to risk it again so i just shut off the car and pushed it back home. Now I may have put too much oil in my car, i put almost 6 qts because i have the greddy oil pan. I know its too much oil but do you think this would cause my oil light to flicker on and off? I'm also assuming that it could be a bad oil pressure sender or maybe a bad oil filter? Anybody have these problems before or could help me please? Thanks

David

Zushi
04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm goign to put 4 1/2 qts of oil next time and go ahead and hook up an oil pressure gauge with my new oil pressure sender.

nlzmo400r
04-22-2005, 07:00 AM
why are you using the same oil filter from when you did all the damage. Just go get a new case of mobil one and a mobil one filter, slap that crap in there (DEFINITELY NOT 6QTS), ^^try the 4 1/2 and see where you're at. Do you ahve an oil pressure guage?

noodl35
04-22-2005, 08:12 AM
no oil pressure gauge but im going to install one with a new oil pressure sender, along with a new nissan oil filter