PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* ITS or move on.....

fairgentleman Z
04-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Here is the story, in short.

2003 - Have a very prepped STS B13 SE-R, clean up at 75% of the events.
Dec 31st - garage burns down, no insurance, yeah....

Jan '04 - Buy 240SX Coupe
Spring '04 - order "The best racing shocks for your money"

Summer '04- Auto-x in DSP with 15x8 Centerlines wrapped in Hoosiers, get my ass beat

shocks were late, built wrong, and then broke, so DSP with stock shocks and the only mod is tires :-/

I am fairly sure that I want to sell the car, and build another SE-R for ITA.

Anybody have experience with SE-R in ITA vs. 240SX in ITS?

Rennen
04-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Get a SOHC 240 and run it in ITA instead, its more competitive there.

... or better yet, sell them all and run Spec Miata. Lower cost of entry, tons of competition, fun car.

-Matt

thx247
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
What are the best racing shocks for your money...

Running 1st gen RX7's would be cheaper than miatas for what its worth.

jmauld
04-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Depends on how much money you have and how long you think you will be keeping the car.

Konis are always a safe bet, but if you plan on keeping the car for more then a couple of years and you're going to run high spring rates, you may want to give Bilstein a call. I believe for $299/each, they will custom make a racing shock to your specs. That's the same price as a Koni plus one rebuild. The Bilstein rebuilds cost about $60 where the Konis are a little over $120 to be rebuilt. So, after that first rebuild the Bilsteins become more cost effective to own. Bilsteins can also be rebuilt by lots of racing shops found near circle tracks. While there are only a handful of places that can do a Koni.

If I had not already had a set of Konis when I found out about the Bilsteins I would be using them. Other then those two, you're looking at moving to shocks that cost upwards of $400 each. (advance designs, penske, ohlins) I'm sure they are worth the money, but are out of my price range.