PDA

View Full Version : Coolant problems

Amish240coupe
04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
ok, so I was driving down the highway today about 60-65 MPH, and when I got off an exit ramp, my car started smoking like a mofo, and the temp guage rocketed. I pulled off and notcied a sweet smell (antifreeze) and popped the hood. Antifreeze was EVERYWHERE in the engine bay, looks like it was hit with a hose. I looked further in and my fan belt and water pump belt fell off. I checked all the coolant hoses I could find, and no rips or tears anywhere....would the belt coming off make all that antifreeze shoot out into my bay like that? By the way, pump was replaced a month ago. Should I expect a bigger problem than just the belt? What kind of damage can arise from my engine now after this blew coolant on my distributor and intake?

SirWarrior
04-18-2005, 06:24 PM
if you're lucky, your cap opened and let the coolant spill - should go into the overflow tank.
Check the cap. check the tank.
If you're lucky thats all that has happened.

Amish240coupe
04-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, got it to my garage and took the fan shroud off, only to notice that the new water pump I put on took a shit, damn fan spins around like a limp dick, thats where the belt came off, and I guess because of that, thats how the coolant shot out of the overflow. But its all covered under warranty