PDA

View Full Version : car bogging when i try to accel......

Drift101
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM
i've been having some probs with my car bogging. Anytime I step on the accel, the rpm's drop and almost stall my car, then the rpms will shoot right up again. Also, sometimes when I leave the car off and go to turn it on, it will not turn over. I have sparks and ignition, but it doesnt seem to turn over at all. I recently changed my alternator, plugs, wires, rotor, cap. I get sparks from all the plugs. Any ideas? It started happening when I replaced my alternator. Any advice or help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks....

smithers584
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
do you have any tuning products that may have dump or changed settings when you disconnected your batt? Or maybe check you connections on your alternator again, a bad connection on the ground wire or something could be causing intermittent voltages. I dont know if this applies to our cars, but i work on F-16's for a living and you would be suprised how much a bad connection could fuck with a system.

syco3d
04-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Ok, so you have it figured that spark is working like a charm...correct?

Now how about the other two elements combining with the spark in the cylinder?

Fuel. I'd first change out the fuel filter - crappy/old/plugged fuel filter can severely limit the amount of gas your engine sees - causing 'bogging'. And yes just ONE bad tank of gas can f your fuel filter. Also check your injectors - once you're sure they are getting the proper amount of petrol to them - and make sure they are cycling right.

- don't be afraid to dump some good injector cleaner in your tank while you're sorting this all out

Air. Easily could be a problem with your MAFS. But I would rule out the fuel situation first.

O, and don't forget about pesky vaccum(sp) leaks. Those SOBs can reek havoc if there is a crack/break in the wrong line at the wrong place.

Or in other words 'bogging' can result from alot of different factors. Good luck with finding what it causing it - and don't forget to bust out the timing light and make sure that you're running at/around 20 deg.

Drift101
04-18-2005, 01:26 AM
yeah, i checked the fuel filter and such by disconnecting the out line and just turning the engine on, lots of gas came flowing out, so i know its not clogged or anything, but im gonna try the distributor.... and while im at it, yah, fuel injector cleaner too i guess... thanks for the ideas guys...... anything else?

dct223
04-18-2005, 01:37 AM
u should just change ur fuel filter anyways, only 10 bucks and its an easy swap

Drift101
04-18-2005, 01:47 AM
i hope i get this thing going by thursday.... my car doesnt run rught now... well.. at least no one can steal it....................