PDA

View Full Version : Ca18det Help!!!!

dorkidori_s13
04-17-2005, 08:26 PM
hello...i am currently trying to FIX a problem a friend of mine is having with his swap...he sent off his wiring harness to a supposed "ca18 wiring service"...the CA and KA harnesses were sent off...when he got them back...it looked like all the guy had done was extend the MAFS plug and that was it...NONE of the fuse box plugs were right (he never spliced in the KA plugs...he just left the CA plugs)...and one of the 2 engine harness plugs that plugs into the chassis harness was COMPLETELY torn up...i mean it literally looks like someone chewed on it for a while...we went to the junk yard and pulled the KA fuse box connectors and wired them in...now all the motor does is crank but does not turn over...and there are a few wires on the proper CA plugs that dont match up to the KA fuse box plugs

ive asked this on nico and NO ONE wants to do it..and this would make mine and my best friends life ALOT easier (and its bugging me that no one is willing to do this)...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE PICTURES OF THE 2 ENGINE TO CHASSIS PLUGS (the ones right behind the passenger side headlight...near the battery...its a grey plug with 8 wires and a brown plug with i think 8 wires as well) AND ALSO TAKE PICTURES OF THE 3 FUSE BOX PLUGS??? (the bottom one with 2 wires is for the starter i know...but the upper two...one with 8 wires and the other with 2 wires...the one with 8 wires is whats messing me up pretty bad at the moment) basically i just need shots of the plugs to see which wires go to what colours...the CA harness is a bit different than the SR harness and im kinda lost on what wires are supposed to do what...this is the easiest way i can think of and NO ONE wants to do it and help someone else out

i have done SR swaps before and this has NEVER been an issue...everything plugged right in after swapping around 3 odd wires...however...his CA harness has wire colours ive never seen on the SR harness...people keep refferring me over to check out SR swap FAQs and all this other BS...frankly its not helping...PERIOD...if it were the case i would have fixed the problem by now

so if someone on this forum could do this...you would have 2 VERY grateful people in vegas...im tired of the same answers over and over...its getting very frustrating that no one wants to take 10 min outta their day to help a fellow S chassis person out

if you wanna email them to me...my email is [email protected]

thanks guys

240trainee
04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Man, I dunno. when I did my swap, I followed the wiring Diagram on www.srswap.com , and it worked fine for me. If I was anywhere near you I would try to help you out. I did sell that car, so unfortunatly, no pictures can I give you. but, I just folowed their wiring diagram (http://srownersclub.com/faq/index.asp#harness)

sLiDewAys
04-18-2005, 01:00 AM
next time could you post this inside the ca18 FAQ please. and lets keep the remaining forum space for unrelated questions.. ca18det FAQ thank you

WeldingHank
04-18-2005, 09:35 AM
i did my wiring with the help of SRswap.com as well. it identical, i don't know what your looking at if its not.

dorkidori_s13
04-19-2005, 12:26 AM
look all i masking for is a few pictures...and lemme make this clear...I DID NOT WIRE HIS HARNESS....HE SENT IT OFF TO HAVE IT DONE..WHEN WE GOT IT BACK IT WAS THE WAY I LISTED ABOVE...im not trying to be a prick in this post...but all i seriously need is a few photos of the 4 connectors i listed above...i have looked thru all the faqs...all the wiring guides...and his harness is really murfed...i need the pictures for comparison and to fix whatever errors this guy made who wired his harness...if you dont wanna help out..then please dont post...im honestly tired of the same answers...which always tell me to see a faq...im not bitching ne one out...im just tired and frustrated with his car and i wanna get it done

sLiDewAys
04-19-2005, 01:20 AM
if i have time before work tomorrow ill take some.

dorkidori_s13
04-19-2005, 01:55 AM
if i have time before work tomorrow ill take some.

thank you...that would be totally awesome of you :) :) :)