PDA

View Full Version : camber plate install

toraji
04-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I just got my cusco camber plates, tried to install them yesterday.

the problem. When I try to thread the top camber plate nut, on the threads
of the shock, the shaft keeps spinning.
I have koni adjustable shocks.

It looks like on top of the shock shaft,(theres no hex hole, since they are adjustable) there is a fitting for a 9mm socket, but when I try to get a socket through the cabmer plate nut, there isnt room to fit a socket in.

any ideas how to torque the nut down, without getting shaft spin on the shocK?

nlzmo400r
04-17-2005, 12:35 PM
i had the same problem. I had to just turn it faster than the shock could turn (air gun)

Dousan_PG
04-17-2005, 12:35 PM
can you use an open ended wrench ot hold the shock then the socket to get the camber plate down?
my tananbe DD was like that i think..i forget.

toraji
04-17-2005, 12:54 PM
no wrench will fit inside the camber plate nut. i tried super small open ended wrenches, and even tapered
small sockets. I think the only thing that may fit is small needle nose pliers.

everyone I talk to says dont use vice grips on the actual shaft. so i'm not sure what else to try.

EchoOfSilence
04-17-2005, 01:24 PM
no wrench will fit inside the camber plate nut. i tried super small open ended wrenches, and even tapered
small sockets. I think the only thing that may fit is small needle nose pliers.

everyone I talk to says dont use vice grips on the actual shaft. so i'm not sure what else to try.
yeah, it's really bad.

but when i was installing my springs, i didn't have access to an air gun at all... so i took rubber bands and vice grips and held the shaft at the very top to stop it from moving. very stupid, i know... but my shocks were on their way out anyway.

nrg
04-17-2005, 01:34 PM
You use the tire iron to screw that bolt down. But you need to use the coilover tool to hold the bottom in place. Once it's tighten down in place. they will turn when the wheels are turning. But the bolt doesn't get loosen.

toraji
04-17-2005, 01:39 PM
i dont have coilovers. just normal koni shocks. but what screw are you refering to?

and what are you talking about using the coilovertool to hold the bottom in place?

toraji
04-17-2005, 11:19 PM
=/ any other help?

so I should use an air gun? on it?

nrg
04-18-2005, 02:51 AM
opps.. thought it was coilovers.
There has to be a way to hold down the shaft of the struts. So you can actually tighten that Nut.
Maybe you use an n-wrench somewhere under the camber plate?

Slidin240Wayz
04-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Use vise grips with a towel, not much pressure is necessary, so don't go crazy.