PDA

View Full Version : s14 with t3/t4 setup isn't starting... lots of strange problems

Koby
04-16-2005, 04:25 PM
First off, this isn't my car, I am just trying to help a friend in need. :) This will be a long post, so please bear with me.

First off, the mods I know that are on the car (basics)

1995 240sx w/ ka24 dual cam
t3/t4 50 trim
8.5:1 eagle? pistons
jim wolf s2 cams (pretty sure)
fully built head (ported, springs, oversize valves, ect...)
z32 mas
370cc/740cc injectors
nismo fpr
hks frontmount

ect... ect...

the car is rediculously built, you might know it by these pictures :dunno:

http://www.posdsm.com/uploads/a3_3.JPG

anyways the car isn't starting right now... he bought the ecu from jim wolf that supposedly is setup for the ka24 engine, 740cc injectors, and z32 mas

well, we tried cranking it over with all combo's of the injectors, kept cleaning and replacing plugs but we got nothing. Engine is getting air, spark and fuel but just won't fire a bit. The tach was also not moving at all when trying to crank the engine, not sure what that means.

It ran amazingly before with the 370cc injectors, stock mas, and apparently the ecu was modded for the 370's by jim wolf too.

Well I noticed that the distributor was arcing to the intake so I grabbed a ground wire and grounded the intake... we tried to crank it over again, and now the fucking engine isn't even turning over, go figure.

This is where we are at now.
:bowrofl:

This is why I love my simple DSM's :o

nigel1
04-16-2005, 04:47 PM
try a friends distributor out.

and I saw that car on ebay for 35,000.00 dollars... lol

Koby
04-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah, he put it up for sale apparently in frustration. He paid 24,500 for the car. He is 18 years old... parents got it for him, go figure.

I hope it doesn't sale, and that no one is dumb enough to pay that much... I'd like to get her running and really open the car up, it is a hell of a engine to play with if you can get by the gaudy bodykit and paint :-/

Koby
04-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I think I'll have him buy a new distributor anyways, but I don't think that has a lot to do with why the engine won't crank at all :dunno:

my240iguanas
04-17-2005, 03:34 AM
That Greedy SOB , he put the car up for sale on Ebay and wants like $25k , and no where on there did he put car isnt starting